My New Toy - Kiss Digital X3

Also known here in Malaysia as the Canon 500D.

brand new canon 500D in box


Ha ha! Finally I have my very own DSLR!

Now feel jealous non-big-ass-camera-owners!

unboxing


Unboxing something new always feels like you're stripping for the very first time in front of your boyfriend.

No wait, or was it the other around?

canon 500D with lens kit


It was after I got it that I realised 500D was also known as the Kiss Digital X3 in other countries like Japan.

A KISS Camera!!!

500D without lens


This camera was designed for me! OMG! It's fate!

500D front view without lens


It's so cute and small for an SLR and it's utterly gorgeous.

canon 500D


Oh.. what's so special about this camera? Ho Ho Ho...

I'm going to shock you.

It can take video!

Yes! 500D is the second of EOS cameras to shoot movies (after EOS 5D Mark II in September 2008)! One nifty little breakthrough.
1080p HD video recording at 20fps, take that!!

But with that quality, I can shoot what? 7 seconds of video? -.-

500D back view


Let's worry about that later. I'm just begining to play with the camera, fixing my own lens kit that comes with the box up and shooting this and that and everything that moves.

18-55mm canon lens


Fiddling around the settings and stuff is harder than I thought. Then again it took me months of practice to perfect my use of Canon Ixus 860. So I guess it's all patient and consistent usage.

500D front view


500D side view


500D top view


What I love about the camera is that it's so small that it's light to be carried around.

Look how small it is next to me baby's 50D.

500D and 50D


Clear Travel Photography here we come!!

Wallpaper lovers! Be prepared to be flooded by insanely beautiful flawless clear scenic photos!!!

"let's get this party started, eh heh..... let's get this party started oh hoh...." *music droning out*

Share:

26 kissed Nicole

  1. Wow! Nice toy you have there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice camera! How much was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. niceeeeee~ i am going to get that camera too soon~

    Cant wait d....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful!
    You'll have to teach me how to use that too, I've never owned a DSLR before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 500D!!!!! Canon JUST HAD 2 come up wif d video function 1 model after mine. DARN U CANON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously is an affortable + feature rich camera compare to other brand that in the same ranges

    ReplyDelete
  7. hohoho alot harder to camwhore lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. go take pig pic lor ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. watch out for 'error 99'. canon slr is so fond of this error, even brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New n better camera means much more quality pictures to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is also called the Rebel T1 (if i'm not mistaken)! woohoo canon! :D i have the model before it, 450D/rebel xsi/kiss x2 (wtf why does it have so many names). its awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice... :p Tell us the EXIF info of your pictures... :p

    Cheers,
    Ball ball

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, congrats, can't wait to see it in action :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hah! I'm correct! Nice DSLR and hopefully to get nice and breath-taking wallpapers soon... By the way, is the Apple Mac yours? ><

    ReplyDelete
  15. Selling your old baby ???????

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got the same camera a month ago, very happy apart from a one off card reading error, it's cheaper to buy in Singapore by the way ;)

    HD video at 20fps is a bit of a waste, its too jumpy to be any good, even at 720i its a bit slow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Made China or Thailand ek?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a D90 but I am still jealous of your 500D... my video lower resolution than yours... but a friend of mine did not like the sound that the shutter of the Canon 500D makes... it feels like the camera has asthma... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool... I like..

    It's about time eh... :)
    well... take care you...

    ReplyDelete
  20. if you are a beginner P mode is very helpful. it can take photos on most situations. however basic zone (portrait, landscape, macro, sport etc) is a preset that you quickly can explore if you want to achieve certain specific photography needs. but don't stay there too long. your ultimate is to move to creative zone ie AV (aperture value), TV (time value) & the ultimate Manual mode.

    ReplyDelete
  21. welcome to the world of digital slr photography!

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg how nice!
    how much is it? i feel like upgrading from 350D though! :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. good choice for a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
  24. somehow if u have freetime to look at fish at sungai pahang river

    just your fan
    muhammad iqbal
    0146020226

    ReplyDelete