My Exclusive Interview with Daniel Lee

A month ago, I interviewed our local cute pretty boy Daniel Lee of Malaysian Idol 2.

And a month later, the final article has been written and published. Here,

If you are lazy to read, I have copied my interview piece with the 25 year-old boy here. Content in the link has been edited; this is the original piece (non-censored).



The crowd has subsided and soon, it’s only left Daniel, a reporter interviewing him and me.

Oh great, after a long haul of pushing and tugging, I have ended up being the last in line to interview a most probably exhausted Daniel that is too tired to repeat answering the same questions asked redundantly by those former media before me.

This interview is probably going to be a drag.

Apparently, he was aware of my existence and intention too, throwing occasional glances my way, which could be interpreted as: “ Sigh, one more to go.”

After briefly introducing myself while offering a handshake, I utter an apology for taking a further 10-15 minutes of his time after a busy morning. The charmingly handsome singer just smiles effervescently, shake my hand and to my surprise, apologizes earnestly for making me wait. Instantly impressed by this petite yet vibrant Malaysian Idol winner, I proceed to find out the secrets behind Daniel Lee’s success and album release without further a due.


Me: Daniel, it’s been a year and half since the release of your first album. What kept you inspired in the making of this album?

Daniel: Well, for one thing, I love music, and that kept me inspired. To be honest, I had been in a low mood for the past four months. Everything was smooth in the first few months since Malaysian Idol 2 but then the pressure steps in and I can’t stop asking myself ‘is this going to stop here?’ But these are experiences that definitely helped me grow and kept me going till the release of this album.

Me: What do you think of your new album?

Daniel: I like the new design better. The songs have a new genre and the cover design has a dark mysterious feel to it. I like people to see me as a man, not the boy next door. As you know, I am already 25 this year.

Me: You certainly don’t look 25 to us. Tell me about your life after Malaysian Idol and how it is like compared to before?

Daniel: Life’s been a lot busier than before that’s for sure, career wise and in my personal life. But I am happy with what I am today. Dreams change, sacrifices are made along the way and it comes to a point of your career that you realize you have become an adult. Music has definitely changed my life.

Me: Wow, that’s deep. What is your aim/goal? Do you think you have already realized your dream?

Daniel: That’s a good question. Truth be told, I’m a short-distance vision type of person. I don’t look into long-term goals; rather focus more on short-terms aims. Like when is the album going to release? If we are going to extend my career overseas, Taiwan for instance? This is probably my current target in mind so far.

My dad, who is a businessman, always tells me the secret of life is to be happy in what you do, and to do that, you need to be doing what you like. When I was younger, I was rather playful; but now, I need to work hard for my career.

Me: People always associate you with Malaysian Idol, what’s your opinion on that?

Daniel: I like my own identify that’s for sure. My second album has a lot of new songs that are different from the first, it is more ‘me’ this time. But I don’t really mind to be referred to as the Malaysian Idol Winner, I’m rather honored in fact since it is a very popular reality TV program.

Me: Is a singing career going to be your long-term career?

Daniel: I hope so. (laughs) But I also hope to change, try out new things in the future.

Me: Let’s shift the topic a bit. We’ll talk about something more personal. What do you like to do when you’re free? Where do you usually go?

Daniel: I love shopping, I know that’s usually a girl’s thing, but I really enjoy shopping. Especially shopping for gadgets, like an ipod, laptop, etc. Apart from that, I go online. As for places, I usually hang around the Damansara area.

Me: Do you blog? Do you have a personal blog?

Daniel: You can visit www.daniel-lee.net . It’s my forum. You can find my blog link there.

(mmm, very general answers he’s not supposed to name a place apparently, the assistant at his side is eyeing my suspiciously, to which I TRIED to ignore)

Me: Oh oh, one last question Daniel, it’s rather personal if you don’t mind.

Daniel: Sure…. Go ahead..

Me: Erm.. erm… erm…. (Look sideway at his assistant)

Daniel: Mmm…? (Look at me innocently, omg so cute can die)

Me: Hahaha…(laugh stupidly by myself), I really don’t know how to say this. Cause your assistant is monitoring my every question.

The Over-protective Assistant: (suddenly started talking) Of course …

Daniel: Nevermind, you can whisper in my ear…

Me: Ermmmm…. Okay…. are you attached? (whispering in my softest voice possible) with a guy or girl ? (voice reduced to mumbling to myself here)

Daniel: Huh? What? Can’t hear you? Can you repeat that?

(the assistant leaned her head over to listen)

Me: (Repeat again, now in a voice so soft I can hardly hear myself)

Daniel: Erm, ehh.. Heh… I still can’t hear… (lean closer to listen)

Me: (This time laughing hysterical at myself) hahahaha…. Nvm nvm, haha, not an important question. Alright, time to go.


Sorry guys…. Didn’t manage to get the answer =.=

Here’s a video though,





Maybe I didn’t need to ask that question after all.

Share:

17 kissed Nicole

  1. mish first!!!!

    hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! i agree... Daniel Lee is CUTE! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ms Hyppo. Hahahhahahaa.....

    He doesnt seem to be comfortable in that outfit leh....look at the way he smiles for the camera. Maybe you intimidated him with your height Ms Hyppo. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi nix!
    lol... did you know you were hotw on my website? I can't remember. anyway, welcome back, glad you got a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he heard you. That boy was in dilemma when shot by a quest like that. It's a nutty world. Some people might be out for his blood if he answer that question. One day he will answer :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. who gives a crap about daniel lee,he won because of votes from dumb malaysians

    ReplyDelete
  7. yea..dumb malaysians like you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha..yea yea..cute till can die..

    ReplyDelete
  9. misha: wow! how did u always get to my blog first?

    eve: he is, up close

    sheon: is he not? i think he's just nervous...

    DAKOTA: yea, i realised, kenny sent me your link. Thanks!

    whisperer: haha... you think so? I think so too, but i like to believe he is a sweet innocent boy

    anon: lucky him isn't it?

    anon: unfortunately I didn't vote for him, why are all of you always anonymous?

    EeVon: haha... wanna cubit his face

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you meant, sorry gurls...

    I'm a guy, and I don't mind not knowing the answer to that question :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. daniel who??
    whoz he?
    V(@_@)V

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't understand his assistant. This is one of the reasons why some artists, no matter how good they are, never made it big. Hopefully daniel won't experience the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. innocent^^guy: Opps.. my bad :p

    wilzc: errrrrrrrrr.... google? lol

    iwan c.m.n.: yea yea... assistant go far far away...

    boss stewie: -.-

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehehehehehe idiotic assistants!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking at your blog, makes me miss the taste of coconut water... fresh coconut water....

    whiteorchid.wordpress.com

    dr.flynn.r@gmail.com

    Well, I hope your enoying your day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi

    Were you ever in contact with 'dr' ryan flynn?

    please see http://rfinfo.wordpress.com/

    Thanks
    Sean

    ReplyDelete