Just Seville - Free Flamenco & Funny Horse Face

Seville was where I visited a lot of sights: palace, plaza, cathedral, museums, etc.

barcelona shrine


It was where I did most of my historical and cultural soak-ups.

seville cathedral front
taken during another day, the Seville Cathedral.


cathedral of the see and i
also taken during a different day, from another angle.


It wasn't a city as impressive as Barcelona or as vibrant as Madrid, but I do remember the city as the perfect last leg of my journey in Spain - relaxing, clean and easy.

Yes, that's it. It was easy. The city wasn't complicated, and I didn't need to worry about robbers or thieves, or the tourists and peak hours. Food was easy, there wasn't a million choices that gave you headaches, but enough to make you happy. Walking was easy, visiting places was easy.

nicolekiss


nicole fooling around 1


nicole fooling around 2
me fooling around


And I also remembered seeing a lot of horses in Seville.

horse carriage


horse and carriage


It was one of those rare chances where I could get up close to a horse and camwhore their faces out.

horse


horse in seville


Most of them taken in different locations.

I have a killer photo of this horse face at the end of this post, so keep on reading.


sports car
not this kind of horse power.


Anyway, I met a traveller friend at the guesthouse I was staying, whose name was Clinton, I think, and we visited most of Seville together. I should really look him up on facebook and see where he's at in the world right now. You never where to expect with these crazy travellers.

friends


He's the one on the left. The guy on the right with the curly hair was our host at the guesthouse.

Who was also kind enough to bring us out to witness true local flamenco dance at a local joint; free of charge. The only thing you had to pay was a drink.

seville cathedral at night

again we walked through the Seville Cathedral on our way to the joint which was located in the most complicated maze of little alleys. I wouldn't know how to get there again even if you offer to pay for my house.

I had to pass by this Cathedral everyday on my way to just about anywhere. Hence the gazillion photos from all different angles of the gothic church.

cathedral of the see at night
Looked beautiful at night. Didn't feel so gothic.


The Flamenco dance here was very different compared to the one I saw in Madrid. Other than being much less formal, it was more intense, almost to the extend of fierce.

flamenco singing
flamenco singing was INtense!


I was pretty much fierced out by this lady dancer.

flamenco dance


flamenco dance 2
bow to my armpit wtf


flamenco dance 3
now to both of them fml


I guess it must've been a popular joint, the place was crowded on a weekday! Or was it a weekend? I can't remember.

audience


me and audience
moi! in the audience.


cake
my cake, which I've eaten somewhere sometime, I'm assuming that night, since the photo appeared right after the dance, fml my gold fish memory.


Remember the funny horse face I promised to show you at the begining of the post?

Here it is.

big nose horse


Tada! Funny or not?! LOLOL



Eh-hem, this photo was taken in front of a bullring arena.
Oh yea baby, that's where I'm bringing you next in this blog.

It's bullfighting time!!!

Share:

0 kissed Nicole