Hair Fuss

I have long known for my amazingly crazily insanely menacingly freakishly long hair.

For as long as I can remember, I have long hair. I pretty much have long hair my entire life, if someone have seen me in short hair before, he/she probably have known me for a looonnnnggg time.

Everywhere I go, I could turn heads; not because I have irresistible charms that could blind the whole hall, and definitely not because of my incredibly blessed height (I am only 170cm); but because of a lock of hair that could run for miles (I wish the same applies to my legs).

hair1


Wherever I go, I was constantly showered with comments like “Omg, you have such long hair”, “Gosh, I love your hair”, “I’m so jealous of your hair” (note: not me, jealous of MY hair) followed by questions like “How do you manage to keep it so long?”, “How long does it take to wash your hair?”, “How long does one bottle of shampoo last for you?”

My usual replies include “I’m too lazy to cut”, “Too lazy to wash”.

And I meant everywhere I went, even the janitor in the country club where I visit for my weekly sauna exclaimed about my hair. Yup, conversations strike before my hair.

Alas, there’s such price to pay for the attentions I received. Problems that most of you don’t even know existed, and probably never in your wildest dreams could imagine it. Mostly embarrassing or hilarious situations that all of you would die laughing.

So go ahead, laugh...
(Problems like: )

1. Squat down on the floor-toilet and have your hair touch the toilet floor, or worse, inside the toilet
(Eww.. I know, not a pretty sight)

Taiwan-Toilet-Restaurant-3
ever heard of hair in your food?


2. Wake up and realized you sit on your own hair while lying down unable to get up. (At this point I have to exercise my yoga skills to remove my hair from beneath my butt without moving my upper body)

3. Clip your bra and have your hair wedged!

4. Wear your panties and have you hair wedged!!!! (Yes, it’s that long!)

5. Bend down to wear shoes and have your hair all over the floor blocking your view

6. Have your hair stuck outside the car when you close the car door.


But it’s not all bad; I do have some advantages from my long hair. Having this length, I don’t have to worry about slapping my hair against someone’s face; I’d probably have to do extreme stunt to lift this weight.

And when I feel cold, I just throw my hair around my neck in circles like a scarf to keep warm.

hair2


There’s not many hairstyles I can experiment when one’s hair is this long (34 inch, I’ve measured), but the great thing, it catches eyes nonetheless without styles. Besides, hair my length can never go wrong with style, it’ll look great straight, wavy, curly, it can never go out of style. There’s no over-doing it.

The magic, the weight of the hair keeps them tame. It pulls down your hair to make it look straighter than usual. It will wave naturally even when you over-curl it. In short, long hair turns out brilliant no matter what. One more secret to share, I hardly comb my hair. Maybe once every 3 days? Maybe due to the slight curl part at the end, but it just never looks messy when it’s overly long. Hey, I’m lazy, what can I do?

hair3


If I was given a choice, I will keep my hair and let it continue to manifest. Who wouldn’t want mermaid hair? It’s so cool! But side-effects started surfacing.

hair4


When you have 34 inch full length full weight non-layered hair on your back, each follicle on your head have to hold on that much of your hair right down to your buttocks. And with that, your hair will start shedding. I am beginning to notice the hair level on the top of my forehead moved backward the moment my hair reached below my waist line.

With the heaviest heart, the deepest regrets, I have no choice but to take the biggest step in my past two years of life.

To visit a saloon.

haircut


There are reasons why I rarely visit a saloon. You see, despite my laziness and recklessness with my hair. I treasure it with my life. I strongly believe that my hair IS my strongest suit, and if I lose my hair, I might as well lose my identity as a female. How they usually say: the only thing feminine about me is my hair. Sigh~ Which is why I am so stingy when it comes to paying to get my hair cut.

Honestly, who could blame me! Ever visited a saloon and asked for a trim, but they nearly shave your head bald instead? Or when you say one inch, in saloon language, it means FIVE! And two means 10! Sometimes I wonder if they ever been to elementary school or ever owned a ruler.

Jesus Christ, have some mercy on our hair! They only grow one to two centimeters each month! If you take 10 inches out of my 34-inch, it will take two years and one month to grow back to its original length!

Hey, I’m not going to be in my twenties forever you know!

So yea, it’s either half the length or no hair at all. The conclusion was clear.


I decided to choose a shop with the safest name.

trimmers
yep, sound safe enough


First, I think the color is striking, green emphasizes nature, I like nature, and I like my hair in its nature self, no layering, no coloring, no highlights… nil.

street outside saloon
street outside saloon


Also, it looks like a serene place with no need to wait in queue where else in other saloons you always have to call them up to make an appointment before stepping in for a haircut and the hair turns out too horrific to describe with heart attack designer prices.

me in saloon


There I am, sitting whimpering in my saloon-y chair, reminding my stylist over and over and over again that all I need is a small little tiny trim, don’t layer it and don’t thin it. Don’t go beyond my waist, in fact, don’t go anywhere near my waist, just slightly up my buttocks, I’m happy. I don’t care I have to return to the saloon very soon cause hair grows very fast, I don’t mind the extra trips as long as I don’t have to wear a cap the moment I step out of the saloon.

meow?


“One inch, two tops. That’s all. Not more than that.” I have measured with a ruler, to reach my waist is around seven inches; so one or two inches should be precautious enough.

I bet she’s getting pretty annoyed by me. Which is good! I want her to know I’ll annoy her more if it turns out horrible!! And by annoying her, it’ll let her know how much my hair means to me and my words would actually be encoded into her brain cells. I’ll keep on my annoyance!!! Blah blah blah….


Once decided, my stylist immediately worked away like magic. Chomping off hair like it doesn’t worth anything. I was tempted to close my eyes.

But watching the whole process with my eyes wide open is definitely worth it, comical even.

cut1


cut2


It must be tiring cutting my hair~~ @.@

.
.
.
.
.

Two hours later (Hair cut, hair wash and a blow dry), my hair became so short, I can’t see the remaining of my curls anymore! At first, I thought it was too short! And I was about to cry on the spot, but later I found out. It looks quite nice on bed, now my hair doesn’t fly just everywhere on my bed.

hair on bed

.
.
.
.
.

In fact, after a day, I’m loving it! There’s no more curly part and my hair looks so healthy and straight!

final look


What do you think?! :D

Share:

33 kissed Nicole

  1. Still gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. make no differance,still turn heads...what a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great. Much better. Feminine. Honestly, your previous hair was a little 'messy' on photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. trimmers?haha..use to be very regular there last time....my fren's step sis shop...cost me 20 bucks per hair cut last time...not too sure about now...wat u think of their cutting?well the hair is still long...but i still somehow prefer the broomy moppy hair. =P

    Aldrin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the length! I just have to convince my sweetheart to grow hers much, much longer =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. trimmers?haha..use to be very regular there last time....my fren's step sis shop...cost me 20 bucks per hair cut last time...not too sure about now...wat u think of their cutting?well the hair is still long...but i still somehow prefer the old broomy moppy hair of yours. =P

    Aldrin

    ReplyDelete
  7. schweet. luv it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do I think? It used to be soooooo long before the cut and now... it looks just nice.... and it turns MORE heads! haahhaha... sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice hair cut...as long as you are satisfied n happy right ?
    Cheerss

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice hair... now look much better without the curls at the bottom... :P

    gorgeous~

    at least u wun accidently sit on ur hair and screaming *OUCH* always... keke...

    ReplyDelete
  11. last pic : looks like the sotong creature from Pirate of the Caribbean!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice little intro.. and flow... ;) I think it looks just right... and had to agree that long hair is indeed a rather feminine trait of a lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only thing that got me is how you're still taking photo even while getting your hair cut >.>;;
    It just looked soo. sooo... wrong..

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty courageous to mention about the downsides of having such 'length'; funny... but ya... very true; never thought bout tt though

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw~ your style of blogging sounded like kenny ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. much better =) Yep...healthier and sexier =P Okei...now you can dump Kenny and go out with me. Eheheheh. Kiddin'~

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like your hair! long or well, long. it's not short okay..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicole, one word...SUI !

    Your hair at this length suits you much much much much much much much much better. Its not messy, straight and doesnt look like siao char bor. Somemore nonit to comb!

    Suits you best...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the result, but I'm just wondering about the competency of the hairstylist - it looks like she lopped off 10 inches, waaaaay above your waist.

    Did you really tell her to cut only 1-2 inches, and never above your waist, and she totally ignored you?

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful as venus herself

    ReplyDelete
  21. i think its really nice....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Agreeing with onericious up there. It looks great! But... you said 7 inches to reach your waist? More like halfway up to the bust line... much much shorter than the specified 2 inches. Maybe her arms got tired. *LOL*!

    ReplyDelete
  23. maybe just try at least once? Cut till shoulder length, with the curls? I think you'd look stunning with that!

    Just my 2 cents. GOodluck with ur job application! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. you still look the same...despite a very lengthy entry...dunno whts the fuss about...

    ReplyDelete
  25. wonder how it will be if the stylist accidentally cut off a big part of it...

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow....its rele nice! im also getting my hair cut reele short soon..and im scared..but u just made me feel really good about getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're gorgeous!!!

    Your hair was really pretty long, but now that it's still long, but not "overly" long, it looks STUNNING!

    <333
    Toky

    ReplyDelete
  28. i had wicked long hair too 3 feet 10 inches long by the time i cut it from root to tip!!!

    I cut mine off my freshman year of college and donated it to Locks of Love (a whopping 22 inches and then layered up from there). it was AWESOME and because it went to Locks of Love, it was free!


    It was very hard to cut it off...but after growing it for 8 years....i was ready.

    your hair looks beautiful and healthy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Prefer longer, but now it's healthier. Maybe if you spend a little time on your haircare (natural products, suggestion from the long hair loom/long hair community it will grow until your ankles, and without problems!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's perfect exactly like that. <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. if u like this length then its ok but..... your previous length was better.....i like long hair.... though i m a boy but i too have my hair which goes past my waist....

    ReplyDelete
  32. Still a beautiful girl, but I prefer long, long, loooong hair. My hair is just as long as yours before you cut it, and I 'll never cut mine! (Even if i'm old and grey) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. i think u should have long hair again.because you were looking very beautiful with long hair.it is also good haircut but not as it was.
    you should just trim ur hair. i suggest.

    ReplyDelete