Nicolekiss Road Block Conversation

Short note: Yes!! My entry for Cornetto Love Perhaps is up!! Check it out!


I drove back from work (freelance work ok) last Monday with my ipod shuffle plug into my ears grooving to the latest hits and as usual, ‘forgot’ to fasten my safety seat belt.

But I couldn’t care less as the beats were smooth and I was having a time of my life.
(Kids, please don’t do this at home, else later I kena flamed for being a bad role model I don’t hold responsibility ok)

As I was turning in from NKVE to the LDP highway… boom! A road block.

Man~” (I thought).


A slightly chubby policeman hailed me down immediately from some distances away despite my window being tinted and I was wearing black, I couldn’t figure out how his eyes were so sharp.

I obeyed. Pulled over and park my car behind the line of cars that were the victims in front.

*Wind down window* (change to present tense for realistic effect)

Ei, moi, tak pakai tali pinggang ah” he booms. trans: Hey, you didn’t fasten your seat belt missy.

I smile weakly *slowly take down my sun glasses* (ceh~~ damn lan si wei)

Tak pakai tali pinggang saman seratus tau” the middle age Malay ethnic police continue. That means a fine of RM100 you know

Take out IC, pass to him.

Bang, I student la.” Continue looking for student id in my purse which has few hundreds ringgits stuffed inside. Sir, I’m just a student

Oh, you student ahh..” repeating sarcastically what I’ve just said as though he has heard it a million times. Ohh, you’re just a student huh…

Pass him my valid student id.

Ya lah, student la, tak ada duit la” frown a bit while looking at him. Yes, just a student, a poor student with no money.

Look at student id as though unconvinced but decides it’s a real student id since they are having a roadblock just opposite my college. -.-

Oh tak ada duit a, lambat bayar laOh, no money is it? Let’s make a late payment then.

Lambat bayar? Bagaimana?” my curious self ask. Late payment? How?

Sekarang saman, satu bulan lepas buat bayaran satu ratus.I’ll give you a ticket not, you make the RM100 fine payment a month later.

Oh, ye ke…” pretend to think hard… Oh… really…~~

Okay la, saman la, I memang tak ade duit la” I answer. Okay then, give me a ticket. I really don’t have the money.

Popping his eyes out for a spilt sec, he goes on putting both his hands on the sides of my wind screen. “Okay, bagaimana u mau saya tolong?Okay, how do you want me to help you?

Saman lo….” I say calmly with a what-to-do expression. Give me the ticket~~

He looks at me in disbelief.

Memang tak ade duit la, student saje” by now I’m saying this lazily. Really don’t have money sir, just a student

Tak ada duit a?” repeating my words again, but now a bit convinced. Oh, no money is it?

I nod.

Okay”, he leaves the car and waves me off..



I drove home singing to my ipod tunes~.



*Update* Did I say he was wearing the "no bribery" badge? :D

Share:

52 kissed Nicole

  1. keke.. honesty is the best policy Nicole :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maverick: oh yes indeed. ;)

    eng seng: it was afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol.. honesty indeed :)
    ive been into that situation also~

    ReplyDelete
  5. weeiii... hw cum when i ask him saman me cz i no money, he reli go n saman me 1??!! hw can liddat... LoL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. say no to bribery...

    you did the right thing...

    screw those bribe police...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes..! I was hoping that someone would do this and blog about it since long ago. I think I can sleep sound tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, u u u must have used abit of ur girlish charm lar~

    Can borrow some ar? Might be useful... 8D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shall learn this skill. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one may work for the ladies. For guys, not much luck. This is discrimination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nicole, did he(the policeman) rlly say "tali pinggan"?

    LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe..as i read on, i feared if it was going to end with a 10 ringgit bribe...luckily it didn't :) I got away myself a couple of times too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wahhh...he really din giv u saman ar??so unbelievable..hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  14. suppose to be 'tali keledar' right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. tali keledar is motor helmet safety belt lar =.=...damn...y i always says i have no money, but they still dont believe me...have to be as charming as nicole only can lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg~ i salute you!
    haha...
    nobody will do such thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha....funny but that policeman was kind enough to let u go...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This happened to me before as well. It's the best trick!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HEH. I'll try that once my Probation period is over. HAHA. cuz there was this time when the police stopped me for no stewpig reason. And I was wth?!?!

    then he ask me directly, "bayar saya wang la."

    WTHWTHWTHWTHWTH!!?!?

    And then I just sat there and waited for him to give me the saman . After a few mins, he asked me to leave. And I was like... o.O

    HAHA...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg... Hey dear...

    (Kids, please don’t do this at home, else later I kena flamed for being a bad role model I don’t hold responsibility ok)

    Can't do this at home ler... I dun think anyone let alone a kid can drive the car in the house... Hehe... Or can they?

    ReplyDelete
  21. what did eng seng say? can tell me privately ar? how come removed?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Saman is one thing....but 4 ur own safety pls wear ur seatbelt la nicole ">

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sometimes I am just at lost with our mr. policeman.

    ReplyDelete
  24. u so lucky one..i kena stopped always kena bayar.....!obviously i dun look like a student lor!

    ReplyDelete
  25. whisperer said...
    This one may work for the ladies. For guys, not much luck. This is discrimination!

    for once you talk some sense. however, with your look, and if kena stopped by police sure kena double fine...LOL..!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This works for gals only la. When I say no $$$ fast fast "pop" kena saman :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. ur so dem lucky woman..my mood is good dat day..nextime i caught u..i saman 200..lol..anyway..nice sunglass:p

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sorry Nicole! Accidentally deleted my comment in this blog... My apologies =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow..u got off?! cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have faced such situation before. The policeman keep asking me "Macam mana sekarang.." "Duit saman memang banyak.." and I challenge him to give me saman eg "Encik, jangan bazir masa saya. Tulis saman saja la.". Finally he let me go.. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  31. anon (8:58 AM)
    make sense? wow! that is miracle :)
    double fine getting irritating sometimes. i always hope they lock me up and throw away the key :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nicole gave a blowjob to the chubby policeman, that's why he let her off.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It really shows how lazy and corrupt some of these coppers are. I say some, cause there are actually other cops who are good :P

    ReplyDelete
  34. lol...so obvious what he want to do...i think u make him speechless d..kaka

    ReplyDelete
  35. hmm i think instead of discussing the merits of using this method, y not just abide by the law and save your lives (not just money) all the time.

    the seat belt is there for a reason...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Haha...
    Well, just in case you do get one in the future *ahem*ahem*, touch wood (wait ar, let me find some wood to touch first...) You can still get a discount at the police station near Petaling Street there. Instead of paying it first at the "bayaran" counter, you que up at the semakan there and ask for a discount.
    Yes, I know it sounds like pasar malam but it's real. In fact some of you there might already know of the existence of such thing.
    Oh yea, which college are u at? Didn't know you were studying in KL.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Everyone knows what they are after. Only people like Pak Lah are saying that our policemen are of the honest & efficient sort

    ReplyDelete
  38. I guess it's the advantage of being a gal.. A guy can try that ten times and ten times he'll be fined. a girl like u try that ten times, may be just once will kena..

    ReplyDelete
  39. tali pinggang.. not pinggan..

    tot u wanna write how the police was bribed.. haiz..

    ReplyDelete
  40. hey nicole, actually the "no bribery" spelled in BM is "anti-RASUAH" right? thats the word stated on badge. and u know wat?! this policeman actually trying to tell u another meaning, which is "saya 'N'anti-RASUAH"! hahaha!!! (with an 'N')...do u agree with me???

    ReplyDelete
  41. anon (11:30 AM)
    Is that what your parents taught you to do when stopped by the police?

    ReplyDelete
  42. that's why malaysian traffic officers are the best. Very convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hm. Slightly off-topic, but isn't it rather dangerous to be driving with earphones in both ears?

    ReplyDelete
  44. geez good thing u didnt bribe or this whole post will become an absolute bimbotic entry.

    dont understand why is it so hard to buckle up seat belt for some ppl

    ReplyDelete
  45. oh and listening to music with earphone while driving. if u dont appreciate ur own life at least dont put others at risk

    ReplyDelete
  46. hmm...i heard that government is giving them increment, but they still feel "thirsty". soooo tamahak....

    ReplyDelete
  47. it's a fact that all traffic cops in m'sia makan rasuah lah.....

    ReplyDelete
  48. anon at 11.30. u very rude. very kurang ajar. will slap u if i can reach u!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I got caught using my Handphone last year.

    "Saya student. Mau saman meh?"

    And kept on giving the same reason over and over again. He finally gave up and let me go too =)

    Oh ya. He did notice that my passenger seats were full with books and notes =)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hahaha.... and that, is an excellent representation of the entrepreneurship, groomed by the education system of this Country. Anytime, anywhere, boleh cari makan!

    Malaysia Boleh!

    ReplyDelete