Hijacking a Plane: Garuda Indonesia

After two days of shopping streak, we decided it was a good idea to hijack a plane on the third day, being broke and all.



group photo with garuda indonesia plane model
haha. Mini plane.


No really. I did hijack a plane.

pushing plane wheels


or I tried to.


Okay la, actually we went to visit the Garuda Indonesia Headquarter.


I know what you are thinking: "yawn, boring"

I agree.


In fact, I was thinking the same thing until they brought me up to this baby!

A330-200.

aircraft up close


I mean it's my first time getting up close to a big plane (not the budget propeller plane sort where you board from outside instead of a tube connecting right into the plane) from outside the airport.

cleaning the aircraft


We were even elevated up to touch the tip of the plane tail. SO COOL!!!! (note: the vehicle being the electrical elevator)

IMG_2414


IMG_2421


Never would I imagine ever be able to do this in my life.

Don't know, touching the tail of a big ass plane? Just the sort of things that never cross my mind. :S


The engine was a sight.

engine in action


I intend to make this into a logo of some sort. It looks too cool.

We went to the repairing warehouse and found an actual plane engine, just the naked engine itself. It waasss MASSIVE!!!

engine


The price of this ugly looking machinery could literally (very possible) cost one million BMW cars.

Well I don't know the exact price but it has to be near there. So I heard from the engineers.

Then I saw this I just had to laugh, and snap a photo of it.

dilarang merokok


What a big "No Smoking" sign.


We climbed up the plane (without really asking for permission) and I had a try-out on their business class seatings.

sleeping in business class airbus 330-200


I could only dream of taking business class seatings everywhere I go. Thanks to the astronomical charges a middle-income citizen like me would only dream to earn every month.

One can dream yes?

first class tv


first class chair


These business class seatings just made me SOOO reluctant to ever go back to economy class, though they didn't look half bad to begin with, but it's hard to feel optimistic once you've been indulged, even for a little while.

garuda economy class


Then I went to explore the cockpit.

sitting in the cockpit


Run civilians! For I as captain. you. must. not. trust!


Oh wait, I think I have a photo Joe took of me somewhere.

*open folder of xxx months ago*


ah! here u go.

IMG_2398
"Look I'm stuck outside the plane, help!!!"

*delusional*


Back on land.

This was one of the first fleet of Garuda plane ever flown.

posing with garuda airline first aircraft
Not sure if it's still operational.


This was me and pretty Hanis doing a fake leap for photo.

me and hanis doing the leap


This was me doing an actual leap.

jump shot


This was a nice 3D painting.

pretty 3d painting


This was a model.

camwhore with plane model


Dinner that evening was somewhat the most spectacular we had in Indonesia *cough*, thanks to Garuda.

We stayed our last night in Mercure Convention Centre Ancol - a resort that has direct access to the beach and smack in the middle of a themepark. Quite family oriented.

Since it was our last dinner, we were too lazed to go out to scout for food, so we dressed up and dined in instead (at one of their restaurant in the hotel).

trio
Three pretty girls. Sorry don't have photos of the guys.


Everyone ordered something local, of which names I have already forgotten by now, but were utterly delicious!

pancake looking dish


indon food


indon kuey tiao


Me being me I wanted something western, but regretted the moment my meal came.

salmon sandwich


It said smoked salmon on the menu! I didn't know it was a sandwich!

Thankfully everyone was kind enough to let me nick their food here and there. nom nom nom.

My starter prawns were at least pretty good. Always loved wasabi mayo fried prawns.

prawn


Customary cam-whore before dinner.

dust and scratches portrait
I did some editing to make it more dreamy. This is the dust effect.


mezzotint portrait
the mezzotint effect


dinner time
no effect


pointilize portrait
pointilize effect.


My fav was the dust effect, so melodramatic. ^^


The next day we all chilled by the pool before our departure back home.

chilling


Niki (this fella die die ask me to link him, ai yo lazy lar! nah, merajuk budak) and I brought our Sony Cyber-shot TX5 to the pool for some water fun.

Didn't know waterproof cam can be so fun.

at the pool


niki on water slide
Niki and his camera (or was it mine?) down the kid slide


joe underwater


A video of the pool fun was conjured up somewhere in my baby's laptop on his macbook. Can't be bothered to look for it now, will upload it when I find it. So much fun! We laughed so hard cause three grown adults being silly in a kid's pool. can you imagine?

Soon it was time to leave. We checked out and left for the airport only to find our flight back to KL was delayed after checking in.

By four hours! (two hours delay announcement twice)

But Garuda Indonesia was so nice to check me into their business class lounge which clearly heightened our dampened mood.

garuda business class lounge

Woo hoo!!!

*Hearts*

Thank you Garuda!

*run towards comfy sofas*

Share:

9 kissed Nicole

  1. wow, garuda is certainly trying to improve a lot. It's used to be banned from UK airport for lack of safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planes do look humongous especially when you're under it. If you board normally using skybridges you won't feel that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aarrghh, i look so damn short when I stand next to you and Hanis..

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you stay so skinny while eating all those delicious food ? My mouth is watering already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, there. I am arry, Indonesian. I run a website telling world people about indonesia, in positive ways, and i found that your entries is not only entertaining, it is also heartwarming to us, Indonesians. I would like to ask for your kind permission to quote your above entry in my website..www.goodnewsfromindonesia.org. It's a 2 years-old web, and now, we serve sligtly less than 5,000 visitors everyday.
    Kindly confirm if it's okay.
    Akhyaree@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I like the photo of you looking into the plane through the window :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. airplanes are awesome right?? ;) and u were so lucky u had a chance to sit in the pilot's seat!!! it must have felt amazing.. ;)

    ReplyDelete