Southern Thailand - Krabi, Nakhon Sri Thammarate

Ahh.... and it's back to Southern Thailand once again. I was in Krabi last year on a sponsored (and my first ever thank you) trip. If you want to read what I did in Krabi last year, you can read this and this. Two of the most amazing experiences I have so far in Thailand.

Just so you know sponsored trips don't come very often my way. Oh btw, I'm flying off to another sponsored trip to Huahin this Sunday, yay~! :D (oh, that's tomorrow)

So yes, this trip I've invited some bloggers and my trusty old pal cum photographer cum most-awesome-mobile-humansize-camera ever.... Andy to taste the Thai that is of Southern Thailand.

_KHO4127
We look like we're on honeymoon in our flower rings.


So be prepared to be awed by his impressive photography in this entry.

And of course travelling with my favourite travel agent of all time - Mr. See Tho.

_KHO4177


Who brought us to have the famous Duck Noodles in Krabi on our first day.

_KHO4146


_KHO4153


And to the hot sprint which I've already been on my previous trip.

_KHO4208


Not to forget savouring some tropical fruits after a good old warm splash.

_KHO4217


You ain't taste durian the proper way till you try eating one with chopsticks.

_KHO4220


After living in Thailand for a while now. I finally realise what these colorful things found all over the country are.

_KHO4280


I forgot the Thai word for it but it's actually like Ang Ku Kueh, sticky gel-covered glutinous layer on the outside with sweet fillings from lotus seed paste to red bean paste.

Sometimes I feel that it's too pretty to be eaten.


I can pretty much sum up this trip as a trip of glorious Thai food. I have eaten more Thai food in these 5 days than my whole life time of Thai trips (which sums up to about 3 months) since birth.

On the first day, we were brought to dine at a simply GORGEOUS Ruenmai Thai Restaurant in Krabi.

_KHO4412


And Andy's photos did it justice well. Because this is probably the most romantic place I've ever dined in in Thailand.

_KHO4416


_KHO4420


_KHO4410
Crossing forks


Which was enough to compensate the nuisance of mosquitoes bites.

The food, very thai. Read review here.

That night, and the following night, we stayed in Sheraton Krabi. One of the best hotels you can find in this southern region.

_KHO4459

Unlike Sheraton in Malaysia (and no offence to Sheratons in Malaysia), Sheraton Krabi is one of the best 5 star hotels around. With buggies to chauffer you to your room and back, it's no wonder the room cost a good 6000 baht a night.

To top things off, they even have complimentary sweets waiting for us in the room when we check in that night.

_KHO4468


Seriously, nothing like a good midnight sweet tooth cure.

_KHO4474


The next day we went island hopping.

_KHO4584


One of the famous drop off island is the Tub Island, where you get to walk on sea.

_KHO4615
We looked like some refugees wtf


Fine, so it's two island connecting to each other and when high tide comes in during the day it creates an illusion that people are walking across the sea.

On the other end while I was taking a rest, Andy tested his Fish-Eye lens on me.

_KHO4605


_KHO4602


Yes they do make you look weird.

Read Nigel's adventure on island hopping and see another weird photo of me with a blue towel on my head.

We then went snorkelling in Si Island, where a lot of poisonous sea urchins lie. You know, to add "extreme" to the word "fun".

_KHO4674


And finaly to Lady God Cave where we did some serious cam whoring.

_KHO4687


_KHO4760


_KHO4778


_KHO4797
Like a virgin? Andy, please.... *roll eyes*


_KHO4801
See the white ghost ball that's been following us? No la, it's actually a speck of fog on Andy's cam.


_KHO4814
Which miraculously disappeared when shooting at sun bathing hot babes

Btw, the two guys feeding the dogs there are really hot. Like UBER hot.


_KHO4768


And no I will not pay 800 baht for your shirt.


side track a bit: This is my doing hotel inspection on Hotel La Playa on Ao Nang beach Krabi,

_KHO4882


the hotel I stayed in my previous trip. Which I really love. Because they have elephant towels on their beds. :D

_KHO4884


Back to main topic: second night, See Tho managed to blow our mind away with (well, I've been here once before so it's more like blowing their minds away) an evening at Ton Kao, a beautiful restaurant with its own pond and fountain and fields.

_KHO4947


_KHO4951


_KHO4958


An evening such as this should always have a nice dress to go with.

_KHO4949


And great company.

_KHO4964


To camwhore with.

_KHO4976


_KHO4973


_KHO4975


Or at.

_KHO4967


_KHO4978
"Does this look nice on me?"


Morning came, third day. We had breakfast at Sheraton before checking out.

_KHO4990


I have always liked the dining settings in Sheraton Krabi, their presentation is always so impeccable.

_KHO4993


Then we set off to tour the Royal Marine Reservation Centre (or at least I think that's what it was called), where you can look at fishes before lunch.

_KHO5066


We saw an ambitious cat waiting next to a pool of baby sharks. Kel Li has the photos of these cuties.

_KHO5058
"How can I break it to you that we should always aim realistically."


And also some pretty clown fishes.

_KHO5069


That's right. Nemo. Don't you get peeved at how Disney has branded all clown fish as Nemo. It's like calling all mouse Mickey, or dogs Goofy, or silly blue fish Dory.

_KHO5078


"Hello Nemo" wait, I don't think that's Nemo (different spieces).
"Hello cousin of Nemo"


_KHO5080


Oh look, "star" fish.


Insert hard sell photo:

_KHO5085


What? He's a sweet guy, can't I promote freely for my friend?


In the afternoon, we moved into (Changwat) Nakhon Sri Thammarate.

_KHO5113


Here lunch awaited us at Taha restaurant.

I swear, I don't know how See Tho did it, but he did, each meal was better than the previous when we thought that we already had the best, and See Tho managed to pull it off proving to us he could find better food.

Even if it meant trekking into the jungle of Nakhon to hunt for these food.

_KHO5117


_KHO5122


_KHO5128


_KHO5130


Taha restaurant served one heck of an authentic Thailand food, I would say cuisine for not only this place served kick ass food, it has a fantastic location - by a gushing stream which really made the whole lunch experience a forget-me-not.

_KHO5136


_KHO5144


Nakhon Sri Thammarate (such a mouthful) is where you can find factories that produces everything from Mangosteen.

That includes mangosteen soaps, and natural dye fabric.

_KHO5211


dye made from mangosteen skin

_KHO5223


Here I found the beauty of Mangosteen wine. And you would not believe when I discovered that one CAN drink wine with durians (hey, what better way to eat the king and queen of fruits together). And by god mangosteen wine goes extremely well with durians.

_KHO5164


_KHO5155
"yum"


It goes very well on its own too.

_KHO5174


I repeat: I am not a druken!

Share:

10 kissed Nicole

  1. The elephant towels are CUTE!!!

    And the Sheraton "sweets" look really yummy...it's like a full-course dessert! (if that exists...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went Krabi b4, my trip sure is not as fun and exciting as urs. Make me want to go back there once more !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a 'druken' master! hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat a wonderful holiday.. I will be heading there pretty soon. Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not been to Krabi. Hope to go there next year... Hopefully it is as good as the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo yummie! Now I'm craving Thai food! Argh! Looking back, it was a great trip. Lots of fun indeed.

    Thanks Nicole for the great effort you've put into planning and organizing this trip.

    Thanks Mr See Tho for the sponsorship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seriously craving Thai food now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great life , girl, way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi i went to Krabi too sometime in 2008...wow, thanks for sharing bout Ruenmai Thai Restaurant..didnt discover that place when i was there...krabi is surely a place worth to go again!

    cheers

    ReplyDelete