Coral Stings

When I was diving two weeks ago in Bunaken island off Manado in Indonesia,

diving in bunaken
Me and Gerald trying to camwhore under water


I accidentally hit the corals on the sea bed in the shallow water when I submerged under water.

At first, it was minor swell that was hardly noticeable. It hurt a bit, but that was about it.

Two weeks later, the reaction was finally showing.

swollen hand


It's so god damn itchy now that I can't stop scratching it like a mad woman at night when I'm sleeping.

It looks like something's growing under my skin. Like baby aliens or some sort. Here's a close up.

swollen hand 2


Gross isn't it? I know.

Here's an ultra zoom in.

swollen hand 3
Can you see the coral stings?


I'm sadistic, I know that too. :D

Share:

46 kissed Nicole

  1. my hair stood when i saw that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gosh. Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 鸡皮疙瘩 at 2nd photo.

    will also just by thinking about the image. OMG. it will hunt me when i sleep later. LOL.

    take care there Nicole. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little aliens growing inside nicole... LOL.. and poofff they became KOKO KRUNCH!! hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha..
    OMG.. i'm so lame and random.. haha but yeah I LOVE IT!! hahaha..

    MEOW!! Right back at ya!! =D.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch! hope you got alot of cream for that to stop you wanting to itch :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh.. poor you.. I hope you didn't turned into a Coral-girl because of the stings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Treatment for coral stings. Hope it helps.

    http://www.ehow.com/how_9376_identify-treat-jellyfish.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that does not look good...perhaps a visit to a doc to get some anti-venom stuff ? hope u get well soon !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have u seen Dr yet ? Might be some after effects or infection ??? Well btb aply some ice..it will help to ease the itch !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Few years back when I went diving, I was also stung by the corals, at least urs dint bleed.

    I dun remember what i touched but when I go on land, there were few cuts on my right hand and I have to rinse my hand with vinegar. It sure hurts like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks scary. 2 weeks is along time for something to react i think. Are u going to see a doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's itchy, Yea.. I can feel it when I'm looking at those pics

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there,

    My friend had the same problem when we went snorkeling at Mabul. The water was very shallow; she accidentally touched the black spikey sea creature. The reaction only happened a week later. The doctor gave her jab. So take care.

    p/s: i enjoy reading your travel blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG !!! how can the coral do such a thing to my precious girl. Pls see the doc now. Hope u get well soon. It pains me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope u get better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. isit ok now.....damn!!! sure looked like something's living underneath that delicate hands of yours..

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG...that is digusting!! Like something out of Aliens.

    Have you tried poking it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's digusting!
    Hope you'll recover soon.

    And I never know coral stings, lol.
    I'm a frog underneath the coconut shell.
    Haih.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh dive kaki...
    I think it's time to get a dive glove :D

    Hope next time be careful what you touch and hold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Read my blog at koukping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. few years back I got sting by jelly fish instead of coral. Hours later, I was almost look identical to "The Thing" in fantastic four, my whole body swollen badly, and red!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's really freaky. Hope you are better now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my girl.. you must be suffering there.. Do seek for medical treatment if it turn to be extremely serious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Take care Nicole. Please go and see a doctor. I am afraid that you might have some particles inside... do take care... :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ummmm...use diving gloves and booties next time to avoid this la. Simple solution! There are loads of stinging stuff on the seabed and coral growths...

    ReplyDelete
  26. You should get a jab from the local clinic in Bangkok, and you need more zinc, lol, look at your nails, you need to take care of yourself since you're far away from home. Have fun and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're a HEROINE.....Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have an infection under the skin. Looks like pus is forming. You should see a doctor IMMEDIATELY. You will need some antibiotics either orally or in the form of ointment. If left untreated, the infection may turn septic.

    ReplyDelete
  29. poor nicole...

    ReplyDelete
  30. inside looks like have the "juicy liquid"..really very geli

    ReplyDelete
  31. ohh no..izzit pain?
    Sayang sayang...i fu fu ok?

    ReplyDelete
  32. ouch! that looks really painful. try to get some antibacterial cream to prevent further infection.

    ReplyDelete
  33. THESE ARE HAIR RAISING PICTURES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. thats scary....hope its better now!

    ReplyDelete
  35. take care. it looks terrible..

    ReplyDelete
  36. i just ate my dinner la...haha
    but hope ure OK now...:D

    ReplyDelete
  37. U poor girl. It pains me to see your hand like that. Come give me your hand and I'll apply some ointment for you. Don't be shy lah. Or better still, let me suck the itch out of it and you sure get instant relief!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. my hair stood as well. creepy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. babe its look like scabies, have u check with ur doctor? i had it before and it look exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow freaky. I hope its nothing serious

    ReplyDelete
  41. not sure how it goes now.. but if u want to get rid of the itchiness, try to get Cetirizine from the pharmacy. eat it twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
  42. warao. looks damn bad shape. Glad you're fine now!

    ReplyDelete
  43. ARRGH.

    my hand started itching right after i saw that. babe, no offense but, ewwww..

    ReplyDelete