Langkawi - Sailing and Harry Potter

After dragging (very reluctantly) my feet and body out of my bed, I plopped into the shower and put on my PJs looking outfit as it was going to be a wet wet day.

We went to a marine conserve area to play with eels and stingrays.

nicole feeding stingray
Ooo... Crikey, they're gonna bite me!


Well, actually I played with the eels. The rest were too chicken-y~ keke

handling eel


Hamish, owner of Stardust sail, handed me the slimy fish while I wrestled with myself to extend my hands out to hold it.

eel
Erm, that's not too bad.


This photo is before the eel stretched its muscle and wiggled (harshly) out of my hands leaving me screaming like a little girl.

Okay, moving on!

Hamish then took us out to sea to the sail boat, passing by a river where many eagles gathered to feed on fishes (or the near dead fish we threw onto the river). It was quite a magnificent sight as this was the first time I saw eagles in the wild.

IMG_2110


When we reached the sail, the wooden boat was of a slight disappointment as I thought it would be a magnificent grand yacht that shouts spotless shine.

IMG_7028


The deck was made of wood and looks pale in comparisons to most sails I have seen on TV, as this is also my first time boarding a yacht.

However, that didn't spoil our fun. Not even the the drizzling rain did.

francis getting a massage
Francis, director of Apxara, enjoying his time


We sang songs, played guitars and had sea spa hanging by the net beside the boat as the yacht sailed.

IMG_0021


I didn't try the spa, but I went kayaking at sea. :D

nicole and chic wern kayaking + francis swimming


Chic Wern was my engine. :D :D


It was brilliant, we ended up rowing ourself into a tunnel so dark we knocked our heads against rocks several times and into a bay. We then started picking up some garbage that were thrown out at sea. It like a save the green day for us.

Except for the part when Chic Wern decided to accidentally knocked me so hard on the head with his paddle. -.-

wern and nicole kayaking
Note the Styrofoam box on the boat


It was a fun fun fun. Sigh, I just love kayaking at sea. Don't you? So the romantic don't you think?


Back at the hotel in the late afternoon, we visited the awesomeness super expensive 5-room villa at Westin that costs RM12,000 per night! Holy!

RM12,000 westin villa


snacks
Served little light snacks along with the tour


Never in my life I will ever step foot into the back of this villa where a glass swimming pool facing the sea situates, ever again. RM12,000 is a lot of money!!

nicole on bench
12k shot


This is me imagining myself as a Tai Tai sipping cocktails at the back of a 12k villa that's too much to splurge.

nicole with cocktail
"Cheers Madam"


Later, we were asked to put on silly hats and capes. Wtf.

nicole the harry potter


cheeky harry potter


IMG_2068
Me and diva Kee Hua Chee


and had a silly group photo together.

group photo
That's Joyce next to me and Cheng Leong on the far right. Three bloggers yay!


Remember when I said Westin has a knack of being attentive to details?

The dinner hosted and organized by Westin and Apxara during our last night took the cake completely.

IMG_2086


First they brought out the fireman. "Huh? Jumanji?" I thought.

It was actually Harry Potter theme.

IMG_2100


It was a night to remember, with ghostly candles and long tables, the feel of Hogwarts captured our hearts instantly the moment we stepped into the ballroom.

_MG_1989


Apple trees hung dimly among the buffet selection.

IMG_2091


The food and desserts were directed and prepared by Mahathir's ex personal chef who used to work in the Loft. It was superb.

harry potter nicole


That marks the end of my journey in Langkawi. Fuu... I miss my heavenly bed. >_< breakfast at westin


Can you spot me at breakfast the final morning?

Share:

17 kissed Nicole

  1. Is it Halloween all over again? Love your get-up Nicole. U look quite bewitching in it! Which coven do u belong to? U can cast a spell over me anytime! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, you have a nice blog. I was surfing on the net and happened to find your blog. Very interesting. Have a nice day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woman.. while i love your blog.. you have soooo many pictures laaa!!! take super long to load lol. And what's eeew that fish looks slimey..and u went all the way there to watch harry potter???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like Hermione Granger in Harry Potter...hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. what's wrong with having loads o photos? Me love photos! Photos speak 1 thousand words!

    If there's video, better still, video speak 1 million words =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. of course can spot you lah! the pretty and sexy one on the left :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love eel! Especially with Japanese rice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. okkkkayy...you actually caught hold of an EEEeeel!!! o_O daymmh, you're good! XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOur trip looks great! This is off the issue, but wondering if u could do a post on what pack - packing list - must haves etc. whether on the plane or checked luggage - i would love to know what a seasoned traveller like you would bring. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey nicole,

    it's been a long time since i last drop by. Remember me? I was quite active at your cbox previously until you decided to take it down cause some jackass bombarded it with spam.

    anyway, this post is really nice, especially the photos. loving it...

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like grabbing your ass, nicole.. you are SEXY!

    Hmmmmmm..are you single?!?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. u can hold MY eel!!! heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, you looks so pretty on the 12k shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. my eel's even scarier!

    it has a passion of sneaking into holes!

    hehehehee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just too luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For leng lui even spend RM150K (billboard thingy) r worth it ma. Accidently read your column in the star, nice... (",)

    ReplyDelete