I am going to be a Global Citizen

No I am not going to go all moral and ethical shit on you.

Not that kind of Global Citizen.


This is what's going to happen.

I am moving out this month. Yeah~~~!!! Thank god! Finally! I thought I was going to rot.

Don't get my wrong, I love where I'm staying, and to be able to have the whole condo to myself is a luxury, really. It's fantastic. Just that I have always seen myself as a person of non settlement, especially not in the same country.

I was in Melaka for 17 years, and god that was too much! Then I was in college, in England for uni, in KL, and I started working, and then travelling. Come to think of it, I have actually stayed in Klang Valley for 4 years! Moving around SS2, to Kelana Jaya and then to Puchong - but never in the same place.

I was about to renew my yearly contract with my landlord last month because July was the month I moved in last year. And then something hit me. Why rent a place in Malaysia when you are going to be travelling everywhere else BUT Malaysia!

After sorting out my time table, I realised I am only going to be in Klang Valley for 2.5 months for the rest of the year! So, again with the over-night thinking, I decided! I am going to move out! And be homeless for the rest of the year!

Yay!

I am in China now, so after this I will head back to Malaysia, and by July, my mom's going to go through her second operation so I have to be there for her in Melaka till she recovers. By then, it would have been August when I will be flying to Australia for a month long till mid September; in December, I am heading over to Japan to finish off the rest of the country, only to return in 2009. As for the 2.5 months in between?

Haha, guess what?! I. am. MOVING TO THAILAND!!!

Yes! I will be migrating to Bangkok (temporary)! Will be renting an apartment there and maybe pick up Thai language! Woohoo!!!

I can't believe I am going to be a global ciziten in 10 days! Life is full of unexpectancies.

Share:

43 kissed Nicole

  1. Wow! All the best! ;)

    Just don't start blogging in Thai...:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. sawadekurp!

    we gonna miss u

    take care ya^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... nicole is leaving but at least we have more stories for us to read. good luck and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just keep up the blogging n when your readers are in thailand (bbk ?), they can keep up with you in life n perhaps learn a thing or two from you on thailand. best of luck to you.. and enjoy life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thailand....interesting, I wonder what life will be like living there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This is probably one the coolest things to do. The word 'role model' is already popping into my head. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! I've foreseen this coming and expected that you're going to move to Thailand but I never thought it's gonna be for real! sweet lollipop! I'm really a psychic!

    good luck! and hope my so called "power" will grow stronger by day so I can make money out of it Hahahahahhahahah *i wish

    ReplyDelete
  8. so u r gonna do ur Star Metro thing in Thailand?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can not wait to hear of your adventures this up coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweat -.-

    ReplyDelete
  11. welcome to thailand nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *green with envy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. if u need any temporary accomodations in kl jus let me know. i hv an empty condo right in the middle of kl u can use. no need payment in cash.only in kind...if u know wat i mean heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yindetonrap!
    Chokde!
    I have almost 2 years of good life there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey nicole! still remember me? mmm..well, that's great to hear you'll be spending your time doing what you intended to do.

    All the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. dear nicole,

    yr mom , 2nd surgery, is it serious?
    i knew yr dad got surgery last time, hope all is well with yr family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are so lucky...i wish i have de time, money and guts to make that decision...its easier when you are still single ..as you dont have much commitment except to your family..

    ReplyDelete
  18. That would stress me out no end. But hey, why rent a place you'll never be. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think we all know why you choose thailand eh...*wink* *wink*

    "Love is in the air...."

    ReplyDelete
  20. nicole,
    i really admired what u're doing here....it's like in the movies...not the care in the world..like doing what u wanna do...money drop from the sky...getting whatever u wan!!

    i'm really confused here...u r not working, u've been travelling ALOT this yr and u're going somewhere again later this yr???

    gal, WHERE DO U GET THE MONEY FROM?? i'm really curious leh....airticket and accomodations when u're in another country still need money, right?? unless ppl r sponsoring u?? hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Har??? Ah Nicole u sure u leaving for Thailand ge lar??...Eh...U takecare lar~ Bling us news ar...Good luck

    Chubby Chin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nic,

    Will be holding a garage sale of all your stuffs? Why not hock them off on ebay cos' i'm sure some of us would like to have a piece of u! Err....i mean your stuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow.. You're be around the world. Sho nice. I wish to live a life like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. yeah, how do u do it? u aren't really working, u are a student right? how do u travel so many places? go wherever you want, whenever you want? where do you get both the time and money?

    I envy u so much for having such a carefree life. Your life is what I have always wished for myself!

    Your kind of life is what one would term a successful one -- because you are in control and you have a say in how u live it.

    Share with us this success story, nicole. Share with us how u do it?

    ReplyDelete
  25. your choice your judgement. as you pop yourself into the world of thai rich and the poor, the vast different and thekindness of people and friendship in Thai.
    As foreigner in any counter, you never feel lonely, full of excitement. But always remember, every step, every drink, every encounter, they are people envy, people jealous and they are traps. Just avoid when your sixth sense...
    We don't want to miss a nice country girl like u ,ok..

    ReplyDelete
  26. All the best to you. Be alert of your surrounding. My friend almost got kidnapped in Bangkok while vacationing there by herself. She was too friendly, got into trouble, some gangster thing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Please post some Thai stories soon, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thai me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Nicole

    Glad 2 know you r going to BKK. Nice place with lots of friendly people. In case you don't know, BKK never sleeps ! There's life everywhere at any time of the day.

    Where r u staying. If u like, I recommend that you stay in Pratunam or Sukhumit area; not Chinatown though.

    Can I drop by to see you when I'm in BKK.

    Bon Vogage
    bunga.low

    ReplyDelete
  30. its hard to live in a suitcase searchin for the ultimate home..but don't look too far away..for home is always where you heart is..believe me..it is nearer than you least expected it..

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Nic,

    Enjoying your stories around for quite some time. If you do drop by Sydney give me a holler and have some coffee then. Btw, hope your mum will recover soon

    Cheers,
    Xander

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looking forward to some diversified posts, especially Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Nicole! :) I'm one of your readers from Thailand (Sabahan though). :) Glad to know you'll be moving to Thailand, although it's temporary. Perhaps we could meet up for a chat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are simply amazing. Reading your blog is an entertainment in itself.

    Congratulations! Your living life to the fullest has certainly created excitement and longing for many.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  35. hey, nicole, welcome to my world...im facing the same problem now...i have a job that takes me everywhere but where im working now...haha...and now im in dilemma...my apartment is expiring and i don wanna rent a place of my own because it's damn expensive here!! but if i dont get a place, i wont have anywhere to put my stuff...the problem is, i would be in the country only one week per month or sometimes none at all...i feel like im giving my money away...how? i like my life now too...this yr, i have been to Japan for 10 weeks, taiwan for 2 months, China x lose count...^^ enjoy ur new life to the fullest...cheers~~~if possible, may be you could help me come up with a solution abt my apartment :) thx in advance *muaks*

    ReplyDelete
  36. So, are u in China now or Bangkok. Juz feel confused of ur last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  37. If I were you, I would rather spend the money on going places I have never been, like Dubai, Africa, and etc.

    ReplyDelete
  38. hello, just wondering here... what is your job actually? teehee...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nicole, take care ...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nic, please make sure the customers wear condom eh. No matter they are Thai, Japanese, chinese or Australian. Make sure you do body check up when you are back. Alright? Daddy will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sugardaddy only one kind of man thinks every woman is a whore. A son of a whore.

    ReplyDelete