World Conquest – Fulfilling a dream

It’s been a year of planning. In fact it’s been a dream my entire life, so I might have been secretly planning for this since god knows when.

Finally, it’s realizing. I can feel it under my toes and I have butterflies every time I think about it.

Much contemplation has come in between many times and I always ask if I am doing the right thing, if I will ever regret doing this. Constantly worrying if this is the right path to choose.

Then I realize there is no right or wrong path in life. That life is all about how you want to live it and living it without regrets. The cliché phrase of living it once and living it full suits what I feel just about now. If not now, when?

I have the rest of my life to worry about what comes after responsibility and commitments, and many travellers I’ve met have already understood this concept. I am not holding back anymore.

What is one year or two years compare to the 80 years I am going to live out? Sure mid twenties might be a very important part of my youth that will never return, but so does every year in my existence, It doesn’t mean I don’t have a life at 30, 40, and 50 onwards. The guilt not pursuing what I want in life will haunt me for the rest of my living days. That thought alone depresses me.

Who says I need to stop living after 50? I have met people who are still living large in their 80s, and these people inspire me all the time.

Go out and explore the world. They say.

Go all out I shall.


So here goes…

I am travelling the world.

world
Been playing with google earth a lot lately


This will spread over year 2008 and 2009. How it would end after that is a mystery, if god allows I might even end up some where else working and settling down.

Tomorrow is the day I depart for Indo-China, first stop Laos. And after that, Northern Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. I will probably make it to the Songkran (water festival) in Bangkok, anyone joining me? And Angkor Wat is just calling me. Angelina Jolie, that’s how much your movie has its influence one me k?

lara_croft_tomb_raider
*heart* her


China follows closely behind (by now it should be around June, Wendy my girl, I’m coming to see you and don’t get wedded yet k!!!! Sean of Shanghai, I want Xiao Long Bao!) and then it’s back to Sipadan for more diving! (Jackie my instructor will you be there?! Jeff of Sipadan, bring me to see the Barracudas!) Hopefully I have an underwater camera casing then, god that is going to cost. And maybe to climb Mount KK (hey Willy of KK, get ready cause we’re going hiking!).

barracuda_1809
Barracuda point in Sipadan


I’m struggling with the destinations Australia + New Zealand (Lachy!!! How was your world trip? Damn it I have so many things to ask you~!) and India + Nepal + Bangladesh around August and September because those will be the times I graduate if I do graduate in Australia but also the time my Blangadesh-y friend invited me over to Blangadesh for a homestay.

When the year end comes around, it’s either Middle East (Abeer of Oman, I know I know, I have been saying I will visit you since forever! Patience my best friend in the whole wide world)

dubai
Dubai


or Japan (Edmund, you probably need to cover everything from accommodation to food if I visit you, because I’m putting you and visiting you as a priority in front of my best friend here -.-, and Japan ain’t cheap! Kakaka~)

kaibou-06
More photos of where Edmund wanna bring me, the village of 白川乡


As for next year, Europe! (Geraint of Netherlands, get my bed ready k? :D; Ole of Germany, reply me in facebook! Uncle Sonny of England, I miss you guys!!! Tell Joanne my dear cousin she looks lovely!)

my cousin and my cousin's cousin
Sweet Joanne in the middle, she’s in college now. They grow up so fast, sniff.


and hopefully hopefully hopefully the most expensive place on earth to fly to from Malaysia, Hawaii! (CK, we really should visit Amanda, she made me wanna go Hawaii every time I see her photos).

amanda having a blast in hawaii
Amanda (left), is it me or is it hot in over there?


With that the states (Cass of USA, are you still working in Texas then?! When are you going to bring me to Israel? :p) and Canada (Hung of Vancouver, are we meeting up when you return this May? We need to talk, lol)


I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping in dire desperation that everything will turn out well in the end. Like that Chinese saying: the boat will sail straight at the bridge; something like that.

But what about money? Where does that come from? I definitely need some odd jobs for income as I travel so hope everyone I mentioned above can help me out here. :D

I have saved up enough to last me till after China, for now. Notice I’m going to all the ‘cheaper’ countries in the first few travels? I don’t really spend when I travel, most expenditure goes to travelling - bus, train at most, and accommodation. I don’t even eat much when I’m away, perfect reason to go on a diet (I believed I spent less than RM150 on food for a week in Sabah).

After that everything is very uncertain, but I’m not handicap, I have hands, legs, and most importantly a degree in software (though I don’t see how this can help, I hate programming) and hopefully by then a Master to backup. I’m sure I can find means to survive.

Even if I have to pluck apples for a week to last me another week in Australia;

dsc04664apple


I heard waiting tips big in the states too, illegal employment in Chinese restaurants if it’s the last resort. If only I own a divemaster certification, I can probably work part time at a scuba centre in Mauritius or Maldives, that would have come in handy.

As I mentioned, everything is indefinite. But that is the fun part. You will not know where you will go next, what you will do or who you will meet. And that is life isn’t it? Uncertain.

To a lot of people out there, this might mean nothing to them, heck many out there can afford to travel the world at the snap of a finger.

To me, it’s a big step. HUGE step actually.

big-foot-steve


I’m giving up a lot of things and putting myself at uncertainty, forcing myself to step out of my comfort zone and putting aside a lot of my aims and goals to follow this dream of mine.

It’s a dream. A very childish dream, friends and family, even strangers reassure me. But it is the one dream I want to live out, without regrets and know for one day in the future I have done it and be satisfied.

Hence…

Goodbye age 24 and 25.

I will remember you dearly and close to my heart at 26.

Share:

94 kissed Nicole

  1. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with your plans!! looking forward for your exciting blogs later on.
    Travel safe, don't be like Christopher McCandless =___=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live out your dream Miss Nicole, because life is too short not too. Your inspiration inspires me to pursue my own dream.

    I'll be checking your blog frequently, as usual.

    ~Wilson =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ehh...The Malaysian ringgit can't fly us very far u noe u noe??... (^_^)"

    Good luck to u travelling la, remember to blg about it ar~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way I like the new picture at the top of the page whereby you're sitting on planet earth with your left leg dipping in the ocean. Nice.

    ~Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah remember to blog about it.

    Enjoy your life!

    I am studying in Australia, a small town but it's beautiful.

    Come to Australia ~

    It's a nice country..

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're a very brave girl nicole.. all the best in your journey..you will go far =)

    Jas

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inspire me, not everyone is able to do what you do, I hope someday I will be as brave as you..as I also dream to travel the world, but right now still studying.

    Enjoy yourself!

    Live life with no regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what about your job?

    You resigned? or just said "GIMME 2 YEAR BREAK!"

    And why don't you skipped those places you;ve been before and start somewhere totally new? Sipadan, Japan, Vietnam... all went before right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy travelling Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  11. =) You have big big dreams, literally. And I think you have a lot of courage to go through with it. So, yes, like the Chinese proverbial things will always work its way out after you've taken your first big step. Don't worry, you seems like you have a lot of friends all over the world and i'm sure many people are more than willing to help you out. I know I will, if I were already working. But unfortunately, I still need support from parents. But whatever it is, you have a heck lot more of courage than anybody else I know. So good luck with your plans girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really beautiful dream. Not many dare to just do it. Uncertainty can really hold one back. All the best and I've good vibes you'll be having the best year of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. have been following your blog for quite sometime..and this one is the most inspiring yet..you are living what im dreaming about.no doubt it will be fun,no doubt it will be full of wonders and excitement and whatnots.wish you the best of luck nicole!!!!
    p.s.: how come your font at the top of the blog is disney's font?lol
    p.p.s: hawaii pic.white chicks throwing up gang signs!!represent!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. have been following your blog for quite sometime..and this one is the most inspiring yet..you are living what im dreaming about.no doubt it will be fun,no doubt it will be full of wonders and excitement and whatnots.wish you the best of luck nicole!!!!
    p.s.: how come your font at the top of the blog is disney's font?lol
    p.p.s: hawaii pic.white chicks throwing up gang signs!!represent!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. portugal portugal!

    i just uploaded some photos from my last yr trip..

    portugal portugal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to go girl! now that is what i call living out yr live...btw when is the Songkran festival? if it's during may/june i might b able to join u...i wanna jalan jalan around m'sia / neighbouring country but unfortunately i dun hv any1 who is interested in it!anyway i hope u can provide me wit some detail bout it and ill c if i can go n join u!

    Btw best wishes on yr trip and u r my inspiration to go do smt like u 2 and i totally agree wit u Programming is suck-ie...haha...

    Cheers!

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nicole is a call girl, that's why see go to alot of places. Many people booked her...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. yoo..yooo..we share the same dream..mind to plan together? Will be going to Europe in 2009 or 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i once have a dream like urs but now it's all gone

    -josh-

    ReplyDelete
  21. heya! ive never left a comment before, but this post of yours totally deserves one!

    I'm so jealous of you! i used to dream of doing that; travelling for a month or two, work in that country, save up, have fun, and move on to the next destination. but that dream remains just that. a dream. i wonder why..hmm..i realize it wont be easy, but i really admire you for taking this huge huge step! so congrats and all the very very best!

    ~ming

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Its my dream too. Now I see people realizing it. So, it aint impossible. Good luck Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey i really admire you to pursue your dreams (: i wanna travel round the world too, but still saving n saving!

    have safe journeys ahead!

    (:

    reader frm sg <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are doing something very courageous. I believe that when people do the things they are "meant" and "made" to do, they will excel and do well, no matter where they go. And even though we do not know each other, I am certain you will do well on your journey because I think you are one of those people who are meant to go out and travel. Birds are made to fly, fish are made to swim, and well, Nicole...she was made to live life to the fullest :)

    All the very best to you, Nicole!

    "May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    The rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of his hand."

    P/s As someone who has visited NZ, I encourage you to travel there if you have the opportunity. The people are warm and lovely, there's lots to see and do off the beaten track, and the place is quite backpacker friendly. And it really does look like what you see in all the calendars and postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. pics on the way to ur email!!! bryan here...have a safe journey and enjoy your trip!! *does ET thingy*...taaz!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear Nicole ,
    Dubai and India aren't cheap too, you will know when you get there (sorry u r not welcome in my house :( ) and i am soo sure that i will see a donation button on ur blog very soon :P ... plan a bit more please , for your own safety and don't compensate on food coz the medicines are more expensive ... Bon voyage

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Nicole, just came across your blog. i love your spirit.

    a travel tip to see many places/people. take the train especially through India and Europe. I would give Dubai a miss.

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Nicole,

    You are indeed a brave girl and I'm just discovered your blog probably 1 week ago.
    Sometimes we really have to step out from comfort zone to achieve our dream which i still wont b able 2 do that now.
    Go go go, Nicole, you have inspired me a lot since traveling around d world have been my dream which i can't realize now due to some reasons.
    But once i get ready,nothing could stop me!
    Be careful when you r in foreign country. GO GO GO!!! God bless!!! MR A

    ReplyDelete
  30. 1 word from me....

    SALUTE!!

    hehe, all the best to u, nicole!

    ish, u get to accomplish ur dream faster than me.. ngek..XD

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow...... u ain't jokin' aren't u..
    Anyway, I recon Roma, Italy. A fantastic place that u won't regret! :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. I wanted to quickly note to your readers that a person does not have to sacrifice their career or love life to travel around the world.

    I am one of those folks that graduated from college in the States early, made a decision to stay, established a good career and married my wonderful husband. We both worked very hard and we are both happy with our line of work. It pays well and we travel somewhere new a few times a year. Believe me when I said I've traveled to a lot of countries around the world.

    I am not saying that Nicole or anyone must follow my steps. My point is that it is so important (especially for young girls) to establish a good career, earn a good income before spending them all on traveling. I think my plan works out really well. Work hard and play hard and REPEAT.

    I am very happy for Nicole and really do wish her all the best in her travel plans!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You're right about getting out of your comfort zone, which can be a daunting thing. However, there's never a better time than this to explore the world where you don't have too much commitment and responsibilities on you. Travel smart, travel safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stop going to ghetto countries by yourself. Its dangerous. Find a travel at least.

    We need to talk eh? Haha .. i am online 24/7, you know that. Give me a hola :) and Of course we are going to meet when i go back, which is in a little more than a month! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  35. poor yet wanna travel around the world?=-=''

    ReplyDelete
  36. but if u do drop by in brissie~ i can bring u around :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. That’s not a childish dream! That’s the best damn dream a Malaysian girl can ever dream and to actually actualize that dream is a big damn thing that I totally salute you! How I envy you! I’m still struggling to get out of bed in the morning and here you are preparing to travel everywhere! Aaaghh! When the hell am I going to kick my comfort zone itch? Bluegh!

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  38. just the previous post, you are 'shouting' officially poor as a church mouse, digging all the miserable coins just enough to buy a bread etc... and now, you are travelling the world?? Wonders how you define the word "POOR"....

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous said...

    just the previous post, you are 'shouting' officially poor as a church mouse, digging all the miserable coins just enough to buy a bread etc... and now, you are travelling the world?? Wonders how you define the word "POOR"....
    ----------------------------------
    Dear anonymous,

    Didn't I tell you all readers she is a hypocrite!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey Nicole, want to explore the world? Here are the list of 195 countries for you to explore.

    Don't be a hypocrite and say you explore the world when you only choose a handful of nice ones, AUstralia, UK , Canada , Hawaii??? DUHHHH...


    Afghanistan - Kabul
    Albania - Tirane
    Algeria - Algiers
    Andorra - Andorra la Vella
    Angola - Luanda
    Antigua and Barbuda - Saint John's
    Argentina - Buenos Aires
    Armenia - Yerevan
    Australia - Canberra
    Austria - Vienna
    Azerbaijan - Baku
    The Bahamas - Nassau
    Bahrain - Manama
    Bangladesh - Dhaka
    Barbados - Bridgetown
    Belarus - Minsk
    Belgium - Brussels
    Belize - Belmopan
    Benin - Porto-Novo
    Bhutan - Thimphu
    Bolivia - La Paz (administrative); Sucre (judicial)
    Bosnia and Herzegovina - Sarajevo
    Botswana - Gaborone
    Brazil - Brasilia
    Brunei - Bandar Seri Begawan
    Bulgaria - Sofia
    Burkina Faso - Ouagadougou
    Burundi - Bujumbura
    Cambodia - Phnom Penh
    Cameroon - Yaounde
    Canada - Ottawa
    Cape Verde - Praia
    Central African Republic - Bangui
    Chad - N'Djamena
    Chile - Santiago
    China - Beijing
    Colombia - Bogota
    Comoros - Moroni
    Congo, Republic of the - Brazzaville
    Congo, Democratic Republic of the - Kinshasa
    Costa Rica - San Jose
    Cote d'Ivoire - Yamoussoukro (official); Abidjan (de facto)
    Croatia - Zagreb
    Cuba - Havana
    Cyprus - Nicosia
    Czech Republic - Prague
    Denmark - Copenhagen
    Djibouti - Djibouti
    Dominica - Roseau
    Dominican Republic - Santo Domingo
    East Timor (Timor-Leste) - Dili
    Ecuador - Quito
    Egypt - Cairo
    El Salvador - San Salvador
    Equatorial Guinea - Malabo
    Eritrea - Asmara
    Estonia - Tallinn
    Ethiopia - Addis Ababa
    Fiji - Suva
    Finland - Helsinki
    France - Paris
    Gabon - Libreville
    The Gambia - Banjul
    Georgia - Tbilisi
    Germany - Berlin
    Ghana - Accra
    Greece - Athens
    Grenada - Saint George's
    Guatemala - Guatemala City
    Guinea - Conakry
    Guinea-Bissau - Bissau
    Guyana - Georgetown
    Haiti - Port-au-Prince
    Honduras - Tegucigalpa
    Hungary - Budapest
    Iceland - Reykjavik
    India - New Delhi
    Indonesia - Jakarta
    Iran - Tehran
    Iraq - Baghdad
    Ireland - Dublin
    Israel - Jerusalem
    Italy - Rome
    Jamaica - Kingston
    Japan - Tokyo
    Jordan - Amman
    Kazakhstan - Astana
    Kenya - Nairobi
    Kiribati - Tarawa Atoll
    Korea, North - Pyongyang
    Korea, South - Seoul
    Kosovo - Pristina
    Kuwait - Kuwait City
    Kyrgyzstan - Bishkek
    Laos - Vientiane
    Latvia - Riga
    Lebanon - Beirut
    Lesotho - Maseru
    Liberia - Monrovia
    Libya - Tripoli
    Liechtenstein - Vaduz
    Lithuania - Vilnius
    Luxembourg - Luxembourg
    Macedonia - Skopje
    Madagascar - Antananarivo
    Malawi - Lilongwe
    Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
    Maldives - Male
    Mali - Bamako
    Malta - Valletta
    Marshall Islands - Majuro
    Mauritania - Nouakchott
    Mauritius - Port Louis
    Mexico - Mexico City
    Micronesia, Federated States of - Palikir
    Moldova - Chisinau
    Monaco - Monaco
    Mongolia - Ulaanbaatar
    Montenegro - Podgorica
    Morocco - Rabat
    Mozambique - Maputo
    Myanmar (Burma) - Rangoon (Yangon); Nay Pyi Taw (administrative)
    Namibia - Windhoek
    Nauru - no official capital; government offices in Yaren District
    Nepal - Kathmandu
    Netherlands - Amsterdam; The Hague (seat of government)
    New Zealand - Wellington
    Nicaragua - Managua
    Niger - Niamey
    Nigeria - Abuja
    Norway - Oslo
    Oman - Muscat
    Pakistan - Islamabad
    Palau - Melekeok
    Panama - Panama City
    Papua New Guinea - Port Moresby
    Paraguay - Asuncion
    Peru - Lima
    Philippines - Manila
    Poland - Warsaw
    Portugal - Lisbon
    Qatar - Doha
    Romania - Bucharest
    Russia - Moscow
    Rwanda - Kigali
    Saint Kitts and Nevis - Basseterre
    Saint Lucia - Castries
    Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Kingstown
    Samoa - Apia
    San Marino - San Marino
    Sao Tome and Principe - Sao Tome
    Saudi Arabia - Riyadh
    Senegal - Dakar
    Serbia - Belgrade
    Seychelles - Victoria
    Sierra Leone - Freetown
    Singapore - Singapore
    Slovakia - Bratislava
    Slovenia - Ljubljana
    Solomon Islands - Honiara
    Somalia - Mogadishu
    South Africa - Pretoria (administrative); Cape Town (legislative); Bloemfontein (judiciary)
    Spain - Madrid
    Sri Lanka - Colombo; Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte (legislative)
    Sudan - Khartoum
    Suriname - Paramaribo
    Swaziland - Mbabane
    Sweden - Stockholm
    Switzerland - Bern
    Syria - Damascus
    Taiwan - Taipei
    Tajikistan - Dushanbe
    Tanzania - Dar es Salaam; Dodoma (legislative)
    Thailand - Bangkok
    Togo - Lome
    Tonga - Nuku'alofa
    Trinidad and Tobago - Port-of-Spain
    Tunisia - Tunis
    Turkey - Ankara
    Turkmenistan - Ashgabat
    Tuvalu - Vaiaku village, Funafuti province
    Uganda - Kampala
    Ukraine - Kyiv
    United Arab Emirates - Abu Dhabi
    United Kingdom - London
    United States of America - Washington D.C.
    Uruguay - Montevideo
    Uzbekistan - Tashkent
    Vanuatu - Port-Vila
    Vatican City (Holy See) - Vatican City
    Venezuela - Caracas
    Vietnam - Hanoi
    Yemen - Sanaa
    Zambia - Lusaka
    Zimbabwe - Harare

    ReplyDelete
  41. i admire that courage of yours. such a brave step to take but i'm sure when you look back at your life when you're older, it's all worth it..
    you're not only living your own dream, not only mine but others as well :)
    all the best

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are very brave you know? Not everyone can take such a big step to conquer the world. I am so jealous of you. >_<

    I think you deserve the title of our Malaysian Dream Girl. =P

    I wish you the very best in your journey and do blog about every places that you are going to explore. Who knows your readers might be inspired as well?

    Take care. =D

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are a poor mouse because you save all your money for trips is it?

    That is so cool. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Dedicate this Green Day song (Time of Your Life) to you :

    ****

    Another turning point;
    a fork stuck in the road.
    Time grabs you by the wrist;
    directs you where to go.
    So make the best of this test
    and don't ask why.
    It's not a question
    but a lesson learned in time.

    It's something unpredictable
    but in the end it's right.
    I hope you had the time of your life.

    ****

    Trust in yourself, everything will turn out right!

    You go, gal!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear

    have a safe journey!

    God bless you.

    loves.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Nicole,

    all the best in your travelling. i shall be travelling to UK soon, perhaps we can meet up there.

    sama sama poor as the church mouse! ;p

    c ya!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The first step is always the most difficult. Once you take the first step, everything will be fine, as what you say "When the ship arrive at the bridge, it will turn straight". I do share the same dream as you, but responsibilities hold me back. I am glad you are on your way! My blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Nicole~ It's a great & wonderful dream- travel the world. I wish i can do the same too except I cant. I have to graduate from Uni 1st b4 i can do that. *sigh* Guess i have to wait. Anyhoo... Reading ur blog abt ur travels to those places should give me some ideas on where to go, what to do, what i should not do and etc.. So , i'll be sure to drop by ur blog as often as i can. =D

    Have fun travelling the world yea & take care! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  49. My dream is as likely as yours but I don't know if I can folow in your footstep. Doing medic has it's own bad side too. But I wish you the best of luck in making your dreams come true

    ReplyDelete
  50. hi, do you read chinese? if yes, check out my friend's blog (url below). she's one of the most-traveled person i know, doing backpacking-style traveling to all parts of the world!

    http://kahyeim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. LIVE YOUR DREAMS.

    i wish i can do what you're doing right now too. too bad i am not that courageous as you.

    good luck, bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  52. wow, lot of haters...

    yay! nicole well done!
    nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances & never have regrets because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great thing to do, but if you really want to see the world at this age, why not choose less-international cities?

    You can always be in Dubai (international gateway for Middle East), and Hawaii (popular tourist destination, maybe you might wed there).

    I'll give western europe a miss, since u've been there before (?), but rather go Eastern Europe.

    What bout Africa?

    Ah....india, nepal and bangladesh is are good choices though.

    You can try to work illegally in the UK, where the chinese restaurants hire waitresses and cost of living is comparatively low (except London).

    Since I am traveling a lot (for work) too, maybe we might bump into each other sometime in the future somewhere in Bangladesh or Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  54. hi nicole,

    just to let you know about immigration laws in aus. malaysians don't qualify for a working holiday visa. for the 3 months tourist visa, u're not allowed to work at all. consequences are, if you are caught you could be sent to a detention centre which is gonna cost u a lot to stay for a night and face deportation. in the future u'll find that u might have problems getting a tourist visa to australia again. do be very careful, and good luck for your trips..

    ReplyDelete
  55. if you come to ny, i can take u around. you can work in chinatown =)

    l

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hey Nic~

    You re doin something I wouldn't dare to do and I really envy that.

    Have a blast and am looking forward to your future posts :)

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  57. she is qualified enough!

    l

    ReplyDelete
  58. Dare to dream, and go ahead pursue it........ Altho the hiccups will make you feel sick, but that's the whole point! Right? Make a chapter in your life!

    I'm working in Bangkok and if so happen you are in Bangkok during Songkran, We might have a chance hang out together!

    I myself is a traveller, and I do think there is nothing to hold you back for your plan, especially when you dun have much commitment at the moment.

    Take note on the under 28 priviledges that most of the countries offered and apply whatever documents in advance to smoothen up your trip.

    Take care and be safe! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  59. hey girl,

    what about family? u dont have any commitment with them? will they able to reach u incase of emergency?

    anyhow, good luck to u, and i'm sure if u made it, it will be life-changing experience.

    take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Good on you nicole, i'd been following your blog here in New Zealand and it is indeed inspiring. Its quite common for Kiwis to have a big Overseas experience and find odd jobs to fund the trip, so dont fret. If you get stuck or get into trouble in Auckland, NZ, look me up.

    ReplyDelete
  61. hehe. ooh.. change blog pic.. No more chocolate?? XD

    ReplyDelete
  62. wow i think this blog just shock the whole blogger community...

    pack and leave... u r one crazy gal
    not many ppl can act like u...

    no job, no worry.
    janitor always welcome u :p

    good luck... post more picture :D

    ReplyDelete
  63. alahaii, kejap takde duit, kejap melancong seluruh dunia...ape nii...
    but who cares anyway, nicole you crazy girl, you're the MAN, as in woMAN!! haha..good luck and godspeed..you'll need it!!

    sam

    ReplyDelete
  64. GAMBATE

    and please dun forget to blog yea :D

    ReplyDelete
  65. Dun fret about losing 2 yrs of your mid twenties, celebrate with the things that u wanna do the most when you're young. I believe it is the best time to live your dream as you're not bound by social commitments and anything is possible. Things will just fall into places when the times come. That's the power of youth.

    So, welcome age 24 and 25...and live it up :) All the very best to you...you're gonna celebrate the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  66. oh my, you inspire me. are you travelling alone? i've always wanted to do that but it's kinda frightening. how do you cope? x|

    i'm gonna start saving and saving. hopefully i'll get enough money after i graduate from uni to travel the world too!

    have fun and take care of yourself! blog about your trips too!

    ReplyDelete
  67. hi nicole. Im a silent reader of your blog but i thought i'll drop a note this time.

    I'm just like you. Taking time off to travel and "see the world". I'm leaving to the States tomorrow to fulfill this dream of mine. I dont know whats going to happen months down the road but I know I will regret if I dont do this now (Im 27).

    U did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  68. You gotta come to Minnesota, US in the winter :-) I have been here 10 years and I still think the Winters here are nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  69. hi nicole. Have been following yr blog for sometime. First time tagging. Have to say very inspire by wat u doing. Alway wanna to keep backpacking around but alway come up with excuse of my owns to get my ass up. Take alot of courage . Go for it gal. If u ever drop by singapore , hope that i can be of help. xsaix666@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. hey, all the best!
    i respect you for going out to chase your dreams and not wanting to live your life in regrets (:

    enjoy the fullest you can!
    i know you will. =)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Fret not babe.. the world is only THAT small.. Withi 24 hours and u can travel from one end to the other end.. Just do it...
    If anything unexpected happens.. then just fly straight back..

    Ps: kiss ur parents' forehead and that them that you LOVE them tons before u leave.

    GOD BLESS YOU AND ALL THE BEST...

    ReplyDelete
  72. Just make sure you don't get kidnapped, raped, forced into prostitution, you know lah.

    It's too dangerous for a pretty face like that to travel all over the world like this.

    You can bet your ass you will run into trouble more than once and your family is going to be worried sick about you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  73. my husband and i live in NO, USA. If you are coming to visit NO, we can provide free food and logding.

    ReplyDelete
  74. my husband and i live in NO, USA. If you are coming to visit NO, we can provide free food and logding.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Not sure if u know about Malaysia Hall. Australia has 2 places with Malaysia, Sydney and Melbourne. The rate is quite cheap for visitor, about RM36 per night per head. If you have student card, u can stay with only RM18 per night.

    Just an accommodation saving tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hi Nicole. Wow, I'm so happy for you :D You're an inspiration, and you're living your dream :)

    Oh btw, I live in the North Island of New Zealand (home is Hamilton, but study in Palmerston North, near the capital of NZ). It'd be great to get in touch when you're here! Meanwhile, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  77. Nicole!

    I really wanted to do so too but I don't have courage of yours! I almost joined SQ simply because I wanna travel the world so badly. In the end, my bubble burst when my family objected and they told me that I can establish my career first then I would have the money to travel in luxurious style! I often wonder if after I have established my career, would i still have the energy to explore the world? However, this is all the past now. I am working towards my targe and i am looking forward to read your adventures on your blog!

    TAKE CARE *HUGZ*

    ReplyDelete
  78. Hallo! It is really possible to travelling around the world with little money??? I too want to travel around the world but I am a very poor fellow & lowly educated! I want to learn from u! Do post up ur travelling entries!
    Best wishes on ur travelling & have a very nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Talk is cheap. Its easy to dream and abandon everything you hold dear by just talking about it.

    Dreams are nice but wake up and smell the coffee sometime. Its easy when you have ppl or strangers just saying, "You go girl". Don't forget they are not the one doing this.

    If you really serious about this then make a move regardless of what others say. Else just let this dream saty a dream cause reality can be quite cruel for those unprepared.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Hey Nicole! Hoping to see you in Bangkok too! (:

    Also do hope you drop by Singapore again!! (:

    xoxo

    Keep going nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I might be going to climb Mount KK this year as well. Looking for some company. Do let me know when's your tentative dates. We might do it together.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hello Nicole,

    I love travelling too and have been to most of the places you mentioned, some by myself, some with friends and some with mum. Like you, I am planning to travel the world too. Still planning as my course in uni does not provide much flexibility but it is a worthwhile thing to do at the moment. Anyway, all the best with your travels (although it is not really around the world, it is still travelling). I will fulfill mine when the time comes too! Btw, i saw you on the train once from Kelana Jaya to KLCC. Took me a while to register as you were texting NON-STOP~~

    ReplyDelete
  83. my dear nicole, all the best and may the force b wif ya. You made Malaccan proud! GO GO Fighting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Come visit me in Hamburg, Germany and maybe we could explore central europe together. Anywayz, I'm a frequent backpacker as well but is drooling to explore indo-China in the future. email me on: jason_tkw@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. Hey Nicole,

    I really admire u for your caourage to pursue your dream. U rox!

    Good luck in your travels. =D

    ReplyDelete
  86. hiphip i can start to imagine how much of good reads i can get in here!!! =D

    anyway, nicole we fully support what u do! i m planning to bring my mum (she loves travelling and i just cant leave her staying home =p) to go around middle east, korea and europe end of year - i might be working in some of the countries as hmm 'illegal' waiter?? too when i run out of funds =p and after the trip, i am thinking of trying to apply for a job in one of the europe uni to explore more =p

    meeting new and very very different people, learning very very different languages (i'm still collecting collins/pimsleur languages cd - wanting to learn slovenian now XD) and knowing new places, culture difference are such a wonderful thing isnt it? i love reading yr previous post on the world you pursue, it's a very beautiful entry! love ya nicole! go go go!

    ReplyDelete
  87. its always been my dream to travel. I loved looking at geography books even as a little child and just imagine going to the places on the map. hehe

    all the best.
    I'm glad someone actually have the guts to pursue what they want.

    yay to you!

    ReplyDelete
  88. wow babes! that's really really awesome...
    ive always wanted to do something like that..but im too scared, hopefully one day maybe when im 24 too!..maybe ill be brave enough to do so. but in the meantime, GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  89. If you have spare time in Sabah's capital, do give me a tinkle on the phone. If we can link up, treat you to dinner to say thanks for the win, we'd be glad to. You have my number in your email....

    ReplyDelete
  90. India is really worth visiting. And Cadaques in Spain is something special :)

    ReplyDelete
  91. hi girl,

    I am on my way doing it so. Sacrifying lots of things, career, friends, better living etc...people think we are stupid. But persuing a dream always needs sacrifaction.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete