Hotel Review: Golden Tulip Bay View Hotel Bali

Following my grand Indonesia trip that ended on a sweet, albeit too short, note, I got back to KL and within two days decided that I would return to Bali within the week for 6 days.

After my previous pleasant stay at the Golden Tulip in Lombok, my friend Febrian hooked me up with Golden Tulip in Bali to get me settled in for a couple of days. 

The hotel is located in Jimbaran hills, right next to the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park where you will see the famous sculpture by Nyoman Nuarta whose gallery I visited in Bandung. An unusual location, I thought, as I was driven 20 minutes south of the international airport, passing by small and quiet roads before reaching the grand lobby of the hotel. 

20160930-201Golden Tulip Bay View Hotel Lobby


The hotel hosted an impressive 268 rooms and suites, a grand ballroom, wedding chapel, 8 meeting rooms and two outdoor pools. Something I didn't expect coming from a hotel hidden in such a neighbourhood, the compound was massive. The facilities such as gym and spa were a bit jaded but given the price (at ~RM240 for the Deluxe room on Agoda), it's really a steal. 

golden tulip bali
Deluxe Room - my room


The ups: 
The room given to me was a spacious Deluxe room with separate shower and toilet, it even came with a balcony. The bed and pillows were comfortable and when there was a problem with my room key, they sent someone up to have it replaced for me. The service at the restaurant was attentive, despite being the only patron that afternoon, the ala carte menu was surprisingly delicious and affordable. I appreciate the complimentary desserts served with a letter in the room for the guest. 

The downs: 
This was perhaps the biggest down for me during my stay, which was none of the hotel staff's fault but more perhaps due to its location. On my second night, the bar/club across the hotel was having a 'live band' (local music) that lasted till 2am in the morning, despite staying on the highest floor, the lack of sound-proofing in the room was proving to make my sleep a difficult one. 

The neutrals: 
The hotel is situated a bit far from all the touristy hotspots of Southern Bali but can easily be solved by renting a bike or car. Majority of the guests at the hotel were from China so there will be days the restaurant and lobby were filled with Chinese tourists, which didn't bother me but just a note should you wake up one day mistakenly thought yourself transported to China. 

Verdict: 
Now my honest thought, you are looking at a four star hotel at the price of RM200 for their standard room, given the amount of facilities you receive and the room space you get, and this is Bali we are talking about, it's a decent deal. 

penthouse golden tulip bali
Royal Suite aka penthouse


penthouse golden tulip bali
Jacuzzi in Royal Suite


Golden Tulip Bay View Hotel
Complimentary desserts


Golden Tulip Bay View Hotel
spa


Golden Tulip Bay View Hotel


Golden tulip
outdoor pool (pardon the exposure as it was a photo for my Instagram @nicootan )


Golden tulip


Golden Tulip Bay View Hotel & Convention Bali 
Jalan Raya Uluwatu Br. Giri Dharma Ungasan,
Kuta Selatan, Bali 80364, Indonesia
Contact: +62 361 849 8000


Rating:
Cleanliness: 5/5
Comfort: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Value: 5/5
Food: 4/5
Location: 3/5
Facilities: 3/5

Share:

0 kissed Nicole