Klebang Sand Dunes @ Melaka

Melaka is my home town and once a month I will visit my parents who still live there, I might be a Melakan and while I have not explored much the city as much as a local should, I thought I knew pretty much everything there was to know about the city.

Yet the first time I heard about the Klebang Sand Dunes was from a friend in Bali who sent me pictures of the place. 

Klebang Sand Dunes

"What mystical place is this?" I asked. 

"It's your hometown!" he exclaimed. 

I was shocked. A little embarrassed. But most of all, intrigued. 
I need to seek this place out. 

So I did. 

Klebang Sand Dunes
(directions to get here is at the bottom of the post)

First of all, I must warn you, this is not a dessert, it is not middle east, there will be no activities such like sand surfing and four wheel drives here.

In fact, it is a lot less romantic than you think, these hills are land fill sand, meant to be removed eventually to fill that sea in front for big developments coming in.

However, it is a great place for some private sunset viewings, the hills gave amazing landscape shots; these factors were enough to attract Melakan instagrammers and college students to gather with their balloons, cameras and guitars, conquer a "hill" and camp while waiting for the sun to set.

Klebang Sand Dunes


Klebang Sand Dunes


Klebang Sand Dunes


Klebang Sand Dunes - Nicolekiss


Klebang Sand Dunes



Directions: 
To get here, key in waze to get yourself to Pantai Klebang (Klebang beach), you will know you hit the beach when there's a row of bus-convert-kitchens parked alongside stalls selling coconut shakes and food. Find your way down the road that leads to the pinned mark in the image below.

You will come to the end of the road where they blocked the remaining journey with large pipes. Park your car in front and start walking. It's a 25 min walk on loose stone roads, one way; just like the photo below. You will know you have arrived when you see the hills in the distance (image above).






Share:

1 kissed Nicole