Mini Sausage in Pancake - Just Two Baht!

Short Note: I've spent most of my weekend recuperating from a really successful Christmas dinner my baby and I hosted on Friday night AND screening though hundreds of photos carefully and putting them all together.

I never knew photo editing for studio shots can be so tiring. Urgh.



While in Hat Yai (yes we're still talking about it), Wendy and I stumbled upon a stall that was selling really... interesting snacks.

small eatery 6


I don't remember what it's called, but it's some sort of local snacks made of cocktail sausage wrapped in pancakes with various sauces, mince meat and a whole quail egg.

The price of these ranged from 2 baht to 5 baht each, depending on the ingredients (with or without sausage) and size.

small eatery stall


We saw some school girls crowding around waiting patiently for their ever cute pancake to be cooked by this Thai old lady, who took her time making sure her food was perfect in every way (yes she was slow).

small eatery 1


But the food was smelling so good from a mile away and looked so tantalising,

small eatery 2


We decided to join in the queue to order... well.. ONE.

small eatery 3


Frankly we just finished lunch and were still pretty stuffed, being small eaters, we opted for just one piece, just to try.

small eatery 4


I really wasn't sure what sauces she put in. Was that custard I saw she spread on those pancakes?!

Ermmm....


The old lady then rolled them up into mini rolls and placed them one by one into paper bags, which she carefully passed to the young girl with, I swear, the most enthusiastic face on her face.

small eatery 5


Finally, it was our turn.

wendy and small eatery
well, technically it was Wendy's turn. Since she was the one who wanted to order it.


We had one big one, the 5 baht with the sausage in and all, instead of the small one that cost 2 baht. Splish splash of sauces and done!

wendy eating


I took a bite, and damn...

That's the best snack roll I have ever had for so long I couldn't even remember the last time I had a roll snack.

small eatery in hand
half cooked quail egg oozing out.


RM0.50.

What the heck can I buy with 50 cents in Malaysia? Seriously.

Share:

3 kissed Nicole

  1. 2 and a half trips to the loo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Mahasarakham and Udon, this Khanom Tokyo is only 1 Baht each. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this looks so yummy!! Why didn't you ask what the sauce was? You could have come back and opened a stall! lol

    ReplyDelete