Artistic Madrid Day and Night

nicolekiss and palace of madrid


My trip in Madrid was brief but fun, with lots of silly posy photos.

It was nearing Christmas so the spirit was up in the air as I checked into my cozy guesthouse.

christmas sitting


christmas deco


Unfortunately, I landed in the city during a long weekend holiday and everywhere in the city was packed with tourists from other cities and neigbouring countries.

crowd at the plaza


There were plentiful of art galleries in Madrid, as it turned out, for visits. And though I've had enough of museums, I thought it wouldn't hurt to visit one to check out the buzz.

Turned out even that was impossible to do.

the queue to art collection museum in madrid
This queue is as long as it seems and even longer. The queue bent of both ends of the four blocks of buildings.

Here's a large photo of it in 1000 pixels.


Why was there such a long queue?

Folks, this was just a typical long weekend holiday in Madrid. Yes, those are tourists. And no there isn't an iPhone sale going on.

In fact it's a queue into the art gallery at the corner.

queue to the museum


Which I wanted to visit but decided against it for obvious reason. o.O


Here are two photos taken while I was standing in the middle of the queue, taken from both sides.

On left,
queue 1


On right,
queue 2
I never knew the Spanish people were so big on arts till... this!


So I went to visit the palace instead.

nicolekiss and palace of madrid 2


walking out of the palace
me on my audio guide (which I rented)


with my audio guide


peace sign


five


me and korean friend
funny korean guy and I


palace of madrid


one of the gates


still on my audio guide
insistent on listening to my audio guide, absorbing history knowledge


winter me in spain


front hall of palace


angels ceiling
cathedral next to the palace


stabbed jesus


jesus
eerie photo of Jesus with a stab wound


palace cathedral


centre of a filled cathedral
the service hasn't started yet so I went to stand in the middle and took this photo
applaud for my bravery and shamelessness. :p


Went to have Mcdonald for lunch. Spanish Mcdonald!

bacon bits burger


I had this version of the burger that has bacon bits sprinkled on the bun. It's super yummy!

me and mcd burger in spain


Went to the park,

the park


the malaysian jump
my jump


the korean jump
funny korean guy's jump


I took a better photo. :p


the fountain
fountain with no water


the canals
romantic canal-ing?


the duck
duck!


me at a tree bark
romantic shot of me under a tree wtf


roller blade and bicycle
happy spanish couple


strolling backward
the art of walking backward


the pose
the art of posing backward fml


blek
'ngeh' look in the park


A very artistic wall made of grass arstically grown vertically.

the artistic grass wall
haha


On to Madrid at night. Spanish night?

light building


statue
statue!! must take photo of statue!


saw a shop with lots of aprons.

aprons


The lady at the shop sew my name on a piece of paper as a souvenier.

sewing


my name in string
my name!


She was smiling before this but because she didn't understand when I asked her to pose with my sewn name while I take a photo, she got a bit tense. I made her tense. :(


nice building
very pretty night shot of a building in between street


another nice building


I saw these candle holders that were SOOOOO pretty.

pretty candle holders


I wanted to buy them but I might break them on my travels. :S :(

candle holders


candle holder


paris at night on a jar


And then I left Madrid and went on to visit the biggest Gothic Cathedral in the world.

That's all for Madrid!

Share:

1 kissed Nicole

  1. What a wonderful time you had Nicole!Absolutely love your poses!

    ReplyDelete