Ailshan, Taiwan

The blog started out as a travel blog 11 years ago to document my travels. 6 years down the road I took a step back from travelling to focus on other aspects of my life.

Now and then I do come back here and thought about my younger days.

I still have plenty of travel experience I never share and photos of places I never got the chance to upload.

So every now and then I do want to throw in a throwback post such as this.

My Alishan trip in Taiwan. The walk in the reserve national park early in the morning.
Like a true young traveller I was, I hitched my ride up the mountain.

Checked in to my hotel and spent my day wandering through the misty forest filled with hundreds year old red cypresses.

Alishan National Scenic Area

Alishan National Scenic Area

Alishan National Scenic Area

Alishan National Scenic Area

The rail up the mountain is still present but the track was closed due to a massive typhoon destruction. So the mini red train that used to bring Japanese workers up and down the mountain (harvesting and exporting red cypresses back to Japan) was only operational from the mountain village to the peak to see the sunrise. Though according to wikipedia the track was recently opened but only halfway, so now you can ride from the foot of the mountain to the mid-mountain stop Fenqihu  (奮起湖). 

Alishan Little Train

Alishan Little Train

Alishan Little Train

Alishan National Scenic Area


Alishan National Scenic Area

Alishan National Scenic Area

Alishan National Scenic Area

Alishan National Scenic Area

Alishan National Scenic Area

Alishan Train Station

Ready to trek Alishan National Scenic Area
Hello.. younger days me. 

Share:

0 kissed Nicole