Itsy Bitsy Birth of Christ

While walking outside the Barcelona Cathedral I spotted a lot of vendors selling miniature displays of the birth of Christ.

Cathedral of Santa Eulalia


You know, the one like this?

birth of jesus christ


Tiny things were sold individually so you could choose what you want to fill in to your little birth of Christ shed.


small items for sale


little houses


miniature baskets


There were also other livestocks and daily chores replicating the life of that century.

miniature animals


miniature farm animals


miniature ducklings


Can you imagine how tiny these ducklings were?

Let me show you an adult miniature rabbit in hand ratio.

miniature rabbit


Now let me show you a duckling in hand ratio.

miniature white duckling


It's so incredibly tiny I couldn't even hold it between my gloved fingers to take a photo!

little sheds


Or if you're lazy, you can the whole shed, comes with tiny baby Jesus mannequin, Holy Virgin Mary and Joseph.

miniatures of birth of christ



Or for the enthusiast, you can try recreating a whole village.

miniature houses on a hill


Along with all the workers going about in their daily chores.

sculptures of household chores


My favourite, has got to be this.

pooping


You can even see the swirly hot steaming poop!

Share:

2 kissed Nicole

  1. lol .. i find the last photo disturbingly funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I believe I've seen these before...though I can't remember where (maybe in Barcelona too) I didn't go and look at them that closely, though :P

    ReplyDelete