I Tried On Kim Kardashian's Waist Trainer Belt For A Week


It was around December of 2016, two weeks short of my trip to Hokkaido that I injured my back during a period of daily workouts without rest.

I didn't have professional assistance, and I didn't feel that I was pushing myself too hard, but there it was, the nagging pain that was increasing in intensity day to day. Then one day I wasn't able to get off the bed without cringing at the sharp pain that was hugging my back.

It was two weeks to my yearly snowboarding trip, the one trip I looked forward to the entire year. The chance of me hitting the slope was looking dim. I was so disappointed and angry with myself.

I ceased all workout immediately. I rested most of the days, hoping the rest time could accelerate my healing. No such luck. It was this time a waist trimming belt was presented to me. Initially I laughed at the thought, I didn't need a tinier waist, I need wolverine's healing power!

But a second look made me reconsider. It was not just a waist trimming tool, it was a back support, a posture control belt and physio-muscle injury aid. Immediately I wrote in and received a Waist Trainer and Back Braces couple of days before my flight to Japan.




ONE WEEK with the WAIST TRAINER
Day 1:
Putting on the waist trainer/trimming belt was easy. After strapping myself in, I stood up. The pain, it wasn't there, I didn't feel any pain standing up!
I bent myself backward, nope, nothing. I bent myself sideways, oh wait, I felt it.
I re-strapped the waist trainer, making it tighter this time. Bent sideways as much as the support would allow, nothing.
Success! I can finally heal without aggravating my injury even with daily activities.

Day 2:
My next few days has been rather routine where I wore the waist trainer to sleep, when I wake up, when I eat, sit in front of the computer, even when I go out. It's hardly noticeable when I wear it under my normal clothes. The only problem I had was taking it off to go into the shower. The pain returned instantly the moment I peel off the final strap on the belt, feeling my torn muscles kicking into action to support my upper body.

Day 3:
I have been walking straighter, my posture perfect when I was seated. With the waist trainer I could still slouch but it would take a bit more effort. If I were to switch to the full back support gear, then slouching was not even a possibility and with this I could perform more active activity. Was snowboarding a possibility with this gear? With this thought, I boarded the plan to Japan for my 3 weeks holiday. The flight was uncomfortable even with the belt, sitting long hours in a less than comfortable position was proving a challenge for my back. I changed out of the belt and into the back braces for full back support mid-flight and felt okay again. But when I arrived Tokyo, the shoulder strap was eating into my shoulders it was hurting.

Day 4:
Went online to research about my pain and discovered that it would take me 2-3 months before my pain would completely go away and my injury fully healed. Feeling frustrated but also extremely glad that I had the gears to help me through this phase. Looking forward to my Hokkaido trip a bit more and with less disappointment. I was able to walk around Tokyo today with much ease, feeling a bit tired in the back by the 3rd hour in Ginza and had to rest.

Day 5:
My tummy felt tighter and flatter. I rarely feel real hunger even though I would still eat like normal (out of habit or appetite, not sure). There was once I heard my stomach rumbled which was a weird feeling because I didn't think I was actually hungry. The tightness of the belt made me less conscious of the going-ons in my tummy.

Day 6:
Boarded a flight to Hokkaido leaving Tokyo behind. It was more comfortable this time both during the flight and the bus journey to Niseko. I was wearing the belt/waist trainer.

Day 7:
Woke up. Changed into the full back braces, put on my snowboard gear and headed for the slope.
I took it easy the first day, mostly out of my own fear that I would injure it further. Made some easy slides and called it a day. I still have weeks to go so I reckon I would take it easy. Oh, and my pants felt really comfortable, usually it would be a little tight against my tummy, but it actually felt that it was sitting comfortably beside my tummy. Nice.


Conclusion:

I've been really really happy with both of waist trainer and the back braces. They came to my aid when I needed a solution to my pain just in time and I couldn't ask for more. Thank you Jonlivia a million times. I actually stopped wearing both the belt and the braces a week into the trip because I was feeling so much better and the pain was going away.

That's happy me on the slope


Share:

0 kissed Nicole