Epicurious Brunch @ BSC

Untitled

Last month I visited the Epicurious Brunch at Bangsar Shopping Centre which was a gastronomical affair for all foodies. One get to sample all the rare jewels of food in Klang Valley area brought together under one roof and allow patrons to taste and sample each and every different oral orgasmic pleasure in one afternoon.

There were food stalls from Yay! Sammich, Andy's BBQ, Forty Licks, Swich Cafe, Craft Bakers, Hot Shots, Fat Blossom, The Potong, Jason Food Hall and many more, with baking classes, cooking demonstrations and best dressed Halloween costume for kids.

Untitled

Untitled
no make up.

Untitled
Craft Bakers 'finger' sausage rolls

Untitled
Delicious brownies and salted caramel chocolate cakes from Swich Cafe

Untitled
the cakes were amazing and rich and I couldn't never refuse a good chocolate delight. If there weren't already so much food to try I would have ordered double for this. The salted caramel was a little bit of a let down, it was more of chocolate cake with a small swirl and caramel and some sea salt sprinkled on top.

Untitled
But I do love their soft shell crab pizza which was an explosion of flavour. Love it! The salted egg white and salted egg yolk sauce drizzled over the pizza were genius.

Untitled
French Toasts with Singapore style Chilli Crab sauce were mediocre, in my opinion. Perhaps it was the way it was made for this event, the toasts were like a bed to suck out all the oil from the chilli crab instead.

Untitled
Then I had some pressed panini with chicken and cranberry sauce from Yay! Sammich, which was a good and safe brunch to have in case you're hungry. The first item I went for in fact because I didn't have any breakfast that morning.

Untitled

Untitled

Then I had some pressed buns from Andy's BBQ with beef brisket which was rich and flavourful. The beef was cooked to perfection, tender and juicy.

Untitled

Untitled

Moving onto the Paulisima's Kitchen for some tacos, which in my opinion, was small in portion, pale in comparison for taste with the previous two stalls before it, and expensive.

Untitled

Untitled
If I'm not mistaken, these two tiny taco was priced at RM14. Four bites and gone. The chicken was too dry. Can't remember much about the other one. Didn't finish it.

Back to Andy's BBQ for some dessert savoury dish, priced rather well at RM10 for two smoky chicken banana pancakes drizzled with gula melaka and served side with one fried egg.

Untitled


Not wanting to risk forgoing the rest of the desserts to come later, I opted for one pancake just to sample.

Untitled

Untitled
I couldn't pen down if this was a savoury dish or a dessert, but the combination was amusing and quite delicious, in a funny but good way.

Took a break between meals with a hot cup of tea with Hot Shots.

Untitled
Very fascinating tea with a strong flavour of cinnamon and ginger and many other flavours. Not the usual tea you would get in markets but definitely something I can get used it. Brewed with 100 degree Celsius boiling water for a full 3-5 minutes.

Untitled

The dessert I looked forward the most was the Forty Licks ice cream.

Untitled

It was such a pity that Earl Grey has ran out but I didn't sample a small teaspoon and it was really nice. Not too sweet and really rich in Earl Grey flavour (my favourite tea). I'm going to order a pint of this one day, when I feel healthy enough to eat this much sin.

Untitled

So instead I had the Honey with Chocolate, Salted Caramel and Roasted White Chocolate.
Loved all three but the most addictive was the Honey with Chocolate (surprisingly), and one couldn't say no to Salted Caramel (though not as salty as I couldn't have liked it) while white chocolate lover will definitely love the roasted white chocolate ice cream.

Untitled
Got some cucpcakes from Fat Blossoms, didn't get to try the peanut butter flavour ones cause they were sold out by the time I got to it, so I settled for banoffee flavour and sticky dates.

Ended my amazing epicurious meal with a sparkling pop from The Potong.

Untitled

Chose 'sunny melon' potong to soak in fruity sparkling juice.

Untitled

Untitled
This would be something really refreshing on a hot day. A light dessert and fun to try.

I ended the afternoon with a sweet note at Jason Food Hall, drooling and picking out the exquisite macaroons from the tray.

Untitled

Untitled

My favourite of all had to be the Mojito macaroon (the only dual color macaroon presented), it really did taste like mojito, sweet mojito. Yumz~

And the dark green macaroon made with 25 years aged balsamic vinegar was really unforgettable.
I didn't like the caramel with sesame macaroons as much, simply because sesame seeds were never really my thing.
These macaroons were flown in from Pierre Ledent in Brussels, Belgium and cost RM10 per piece. Wow!

Their chocolate selection looked equally beautiful and too expensive to be eaten, I was tempted to try some but at the price of RM199 per box, I hesitated.

Untitled
Maybe one day, who knows. In the mean time, macaroons would have to do.

Untitled


Thanks for the amazing experience. I think epicurious should host more of these events and it was one of the most amazing brunch/lunch experiences I have had.

Share:

4 kissed Nicole

  1. that's a whole lot of food and desserts! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the macaroon so cute....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This posts makes me hungry in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey nicole!
    thanks so much for the gorgeous pictures and awesome review, sweetie! just a clarification though, the braised beef brisket is actually ours, but we're soo glad you enjoyed it! if you'd like another go at them brisket we'll be at Pusat Bandar Damansara Street Carnival on the 9th of Dec 2012.
    checkit:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/173048356173320/

    coooOoome!
    yay, sammich!

    ReplyDelete