Hyaluronic Acid Ampoules

Doclab HA ampoules

One of my favourite items to use in my skincare is Hyaluronic Acid, a substance that retains tons of moisture to your skin.

What happens when you retain moisture? Well, anti-aging occurs. For the main part, your skin doesn't dry out, hence preventing wrinkles or even helps with wrinkles that were caused by dryness over a long period of time. 

I seldom receive products to try out simply because I'm usually rather picky with what I want to put on my face. But when I was asked to try these Hyaluronic Acid ampoules out, I jumped on it. 

I've never tried ampoules before and when it contains one of my favourite ingredients in skincare, I couldn't resist. Read my results after the photos. 

Doclab HA ampoules

Doclab HA ampoules

Doclab HA ampoules

Each box comes with 5 ampoules, one box priced at RM138. 
You can buy it direct from their website.
Contact Ms Lim for purchase 0192062386
It's the last day to get promo price of RM88 per box, you can call her to get the price. 

Ingredients: 
Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid or HA)
Arbutin
Aloe Vera
Ginseng
Collagen
Aqua (water)

Each bottle of ampoule can last you one day after opening, so you can split it into two usage, morning and evening application.
One box can last you for 5 days. And I was told to try it out for 5 days to see results.

Application: 
I was also told that I didn't need to apply moisture as the ampoule solution was sufficient to act as both serum and moisturiser in my skincare routine. I had my doubt because the website said otherwise. After two applications, I decided it wasn't enough as I had dry combination so I decided to apply moisturiser after my ampoule.

The ampoules contain a very liquidly solution that felt like I was applying toner onto my face, and to finish half an ampoule in one application can be a challenge. So what I was asked to do was to repeatedly apply it onto my skin until you use up half the ampoule.


My process: 
Now I was getting this 'meh' feeling after 3 continuous days of application. I didn't feel it was doing anything, in fact, skipping my high end serum made my face felt bare, almost dry-isa; but since I was asked to try it for 5 straight days, I persevered.

After the 4th day, I began to notice some result. My skin tone was surprisingly looking brighter, turned out the ampoules have evened out my skin tone. My make up looked seamless on my face, like it had a special glow to it and I didn't use a new foundation so I knew it had something to do with my skin. Being sceptical, I tried switching to my Hyaluronic serum (bought from Hong Kong) which has a higher HA consistency in replace of my ampoules and instantly the result looked different. It's hydrating but didn't seem to absorb well into my skin.

My HA serum had a gel like substance due to a high HA consistency whereas the ampoules had a water consistency. Since it comes in ampoules, I had no choice but to use the amount that was given in the product, and the active ingredients stay 'fresh' (as fresh as bottled skincare goes) since you do not open it until you want to use it, thus eliminating contamination and oxidation; which I feel is important in skincare products (why SK-II still sell their products in tubs and pour-out bottles is a mystery to me). The DocLab ampoule solution isn't sticky (unlike my HA serum), and easily absorbed, stickiness in general doesn't bother me but it does make the product easier to enjoy.

Verdict: 
It's a product that works.
My skin looked great. It's very light on my skin, no smell, easily absorbed and it's not sticky. I'm surprised and loving it.
My skin feel hydrated (even when it didn't feel like it the first few days) and my skin tone evened out.
It's not a massive or immediate change, but you will see it after a week.
It's a bit on pricey side if you were to use it on a daily basis for the rest of your life, you're looking at RM800 a month,
But if you have the means to or intend to 'invest' into your skincare, it's worth considering. It's similar to using a daily high end mask.

Doclab HA ampoules

Share:

0 kissed Nicole