Third Time's The Charm - Langkawi

Don't laugh, but I visited Langkawi three times already this year, and it isn't mid year yet.

The first time's for CNY with my family, the second's for my birthday and the third's with my girls.

I don't know why I always ended up in Langkawi, maybe because of the cheap alcohol, or maybe it's the closest island where I can do hours of jet-skiing out at sea; but I've always be able to find things to do in Langkawi. Most of them water-sport related.

However, I do think I had enough doses of Langkawi for now, at least for the rest of the year.

This post consists of some random photos taken during my second visit there (girls' trip post will have to wait) on my birthday.

IMG_3062


IMG_3066


Staying at the Andaman, full R&R on my birthday for me.

IMG_3050


IMG_3057


IMG_3054


IMG_3059


IMG_3064


IMG_3077
champagne for breakfast


IMG_3091


The best pancakes I've ever tasted were served at breakfast in Andaman, gosh how I adore those pancakes. I wish I didn't need to pay a grand a night or fly over to the island just to savour these pancakes.

IMG_3143


There's this little Caucasian girl who would wait in front of the pancake chef every morning at breakfast for her serving of pancakes. It's so good that she would eat up to 12 pancakes in one morning alone. Yes, I counted. o.O

She's wasn't fat anything, she was this cute little 5 year-old-ish petite frame that would ask, ever so politely, for her pancakes everyday from the chef. So much that her mom forbade her to eat anymore pancakes the following day (after her N servings). lol.


IMG_3106
Yummy birthday chocolate cake made specially by the chef.


IMG_3072
well, it was a bad year for me. So yes, BYE BYE! Don't ever come back.


IMG_3097
Best cookie ever.


IMG_3126
before heading out to dinner


There are two restaurants I simply love in Langkawi,

one would be Orkid Ria restaurant, which serves the best seafood in Langkawi (there's not a lot choice but don't compare it with the best in KL).

IMG_3068


They do, however, have fresh lobster and do serve fresh lobster sashimi upon request, which was a bonus.
Though to be honest, lobster sashimi is overrated.

IMG_3069

Give me salted egg yolk crabs anytime.


IMG_3070
mega prawns!


The other restaurant would be Bon Ton.

IMG_3120
Make sure you call in a day or two early to reserve a table at the corner to see the best sunset view, for two.


IMG_3122


They serve a mean steak with fabulous sauce and absolutely divine mash. It's heaven at the price of RM70+.

IMG_3125
favourite dish


I shall end this post with a satisfied me in bed.

IMG_3134


IMG_3140


Happy Belated Birthday Moi. :)

Share:

4 kissed Nicole

  1. happy belated birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the steak is fabulous! :) what a nice trip there

    Latest: Crown of Pork Experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Nic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting blog u have,. great to know u have fun in langkawi

    ReplyDelete