Penang Food Festival Buffet @ Saujana

oyster omelette


Last night I was invited to dine at Suria Cafe at Saujana for their Penang Food Fest Buffet that's on-going till 14th March 2012.

Which was the convenient coincidence since I was craving for Char Kuey Tiao for the past 24 hours.

char koay teow


It was a nice concept to have all this made-up stalls near the buffet area that made diners felt like ordering straight out of a hawker centre in Penang, you get your fried carrot cakes, mee mamak and Kuey Tiao fried on the spot for you by the hotel's chef.

Bringing in the whole stalls is definitely a crowd pleaser, however if this is a long-run themed buffet, it wouldn't draw crowds back again for something you can get the same from local hawkers; for the price you're paying.

But if you want to enjoy the luxury of dining your street food in style, Club Med style (all inclusive of the price package) that is, then it's worth that one try.

romantic buffet dinner
Romantic candlelight dinner with hawker food


I sat outside cause I found it so much more romantic underneath the tree lights with a candlelight. Furthermore it was a pleasant cooling evening with no whatsoever mosquitoes.

Char Kuey Tiao was a rather disappointment, prawns were fresh; but I ADORE the mee mamak. One of the best mee mamak I had.

mee mamak


nicolekiss
tied my hair cause I hadn't wash it and was getting wee bit oily. :p


The other thing I enjoyed immensely during dinner was something not-so Penang-ly.

Their lamb cutlets were juicy, tender and so good to eat.

lamb


Below are photos I took with my iPhone 4 camera.

candle light kopitiam dinner
candlelight 'kopitiam'?


penang food buffet in saujana


Rest assured my Penang food crave is now officially over.


Suria Cafe, The Saujana Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Saujana Resort Jalan Lapangan Terbang SAAS
40150 Shah Alam Selangor Darul Ehsan Malaysia
Contact: (+603) 7843 1234
Website: www.thesaujanahotel.comLink

Share:

1 kissed Nicole

  1. i was there last night too :) hope to officially meet you next time!

    Latest: Penang Food Festival

    ReplyDelete