Food Poisoning and Hospital

I really hate the stench of hospital. I can't remember how many times I have been here and how many times I have sat on this wheelchair in a semi-conscious in the middle of the night.

A whole night of rushing to the toilet and puking into the bowl of all the food I took the evening earlier, I woke up finding myself dozing off on the toilet floor. Feeling upside down and everything inside out, I dreaded this feeling. And once I puked all I could out, and there's nothing left more to come out, I still lay before the bowl trying to dig more out.

Many times I found myself dozing off pretty fast into unconsciousness and woke up to the oblivious hour of the day, and then, the night.

My phone rang few times at some point, I couldn't remember, too far to be reached. And as I laid there on my bed, I asked myself when would this be over. The last time it took a night, the last two times it took two days. But oh I could never forget the awfulness, the smell of vomit at my throat and in my nose, the fatigues in all my joints and the pain in my stomach caused by gastric. There's no point taking in any food, all would just come out in the end, in a more horrible way and feel; even water makes me feel queezy. I was facing dehydration fast, and I knew it.

The pain when they try to insert needles for drip woke me up for a while, and I teared to be here, the uncomfortable bed and the unkind words of the doctor who treats non-fatal sickness as nuisance.

I woke up three hours ago, in my bed in Melaka few hundred kilometres away from Sunway hospital. Three holes on the back of my hand, two of which seemed to be pointless poking. Chewing slowly and cautiously on a piece of bread, my first proper meal in two days.

Share:

45 kissed Nicole

  1. sounds bad.. get well soon ya? get you a box of choccies.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. bad case of food poisioning. what was the last you ate ? hope u recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole

    You need to take MORE fruit juice.

    Invest on a good fruit juicer. Have at least 2 glasses of the fresh juices every daily. Do that for 60 days, and see the difference.

    Take 1 glass first thing in the morning. The second one preferably in the evening before dinner.

    Take more pineapple juice also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get well soon, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please take care nicole... Rest more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must get well asap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon. I know what it feels like puking uncontrollably. Get some adequate rest as well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yikes, from the lovely wonderful beautiful scenes of sipadan to a sudden torture of this... hope u are ok and get well soon... take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. jeez.. get well nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aiyoyo..take care ar..i bet ur mum must be very headache to see her daughter suffers from this. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. get well.. >.<
    try taking coconut juice...
    should help a bit...
    take carez

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...well, I hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. drink lots of water to prevent dehydration, but i guess ur on drips.
    get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get well soon dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Nicole, get well soon. Its because you are dehydrated, you really need those drip. I know those pricking hurts, but trust me, the doctors meant well. Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  16. get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope u r feeling better now....take more liquid...take care & have a speedy recovery...God Bless You.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  18. hope u're feeling better. u must have lots of advice. so not to be left out, here's mine - drink lots of of fluids, take plenty of rest, both which u must have done already. take soft drink cos it has sugar, hence give u some energy. ease into a bland diet e.g. cereal, chicken soup. take care

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nicole?
    Sick?
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    How's your condition now?
    Feeling better?
    Need to stick to lighter fare for a while oh...
    No fried, oily, spicy stuffs...
    Hahaha...
    Treat you ice cream when you're better k?

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh no!! u r sick...rest more and drink more! get well son =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Got lau sai or not ? hehehehe.

    My worst experience was raw oysters.

    I am not known as the oysterlicker for nothing. *LOL*

    Awful, awful raw oysters... never again.. never.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just remember that you're stronger than you thought.

    Get well soon~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, this should be a blessing in disguise. Many young gals likes to "Anorexia Nervosa".

    Anorexia nervosa is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes an eating disorder characterized by low body weight and body image distortion with an obsessive fear of gaining weight. Individuals with anorexia are known to commonly control body weight through the means of voluntary starvation, purging, vomiting, excessive exercise, or other weight control measures, such as diet pills or diuretic drugs. It primarily affects adolescent females, however approximately 10% of people with the diagnosis are male. Anorexia nervosa is a complex condition, involving psychological, neurobiological, and sociological components.

    Lucky for you it's natural.

    I believe you must have lost at least 3 to 5kg easily in 1 week.

    Anyway, get well soon. You should feel a little lighter!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh gosh.
    I hate vommiting just as much as you do.

    The last time I was down with food poisoning, I felt like the world's most miserable girl.


    I hope you get well soon. :)

    It sucks to be sick.

    P.S/ Take lots of Vitamin C!

    ReplyDelete
  25. get well soon!it's better to puke smt out rather than puking gastric juice...not so hurtful...but anyhow GET MORE REST !

    ReplyDelete
  26. its seems bad tho.. take care and rest well...

    ReplyDelete
  27. nicole,
    Hope you'll get well soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  28. ive nvr try food poisoning b4.. good anot Nicole? but anyway, jz remember its better than drink dettol and die..

    ReplyDelete
  29. i tink those kind of nurses n doctors probably didnt take up psychology in Uni. either that or they r jz plain ignorant(or stupid. >.<) so far, my doctors arent like that tho.(thank God) but sry u hv to go thru that horrible ordeal.

    food poisoning is bad enuf but being treated BADLY wen getting food poisoning is even worse. hope u get well soon k? :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. hi nicole, hope you'll get well real soon.. i duno about u, but it work for me when i got food poisoning.. try to take drinks dat's sweet like ribena and 100plus more..

    ReplyDelete
  31. wish u will get well soon
    take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi, I think this is the 2nd time I leave a comment here. Hope you get well soon. Just in case there's next time, try disolve a little glucose and salt in half cup of warm water and drink it so that you are not dehydrated. GOD Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Rest more. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  34. That means you need a lot of resting!! Don't do such a heavy jobs.. Comfort yourself and be calm.. K.. Were are humans not a machine!! :) Hope you'll understand.. Peace !!!

    Think Kmunity!, THink Me!
    BKmunity©
    Budakampung.NET©
    www.budakampung.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. Get well soon, Nicole!! God bless and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  36. A belated Congrats on getting yr diving licence. Take plenty of rest, drinks lots of fluids and call me in the morning, heh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG. I hate food poisoning. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  38. hmm....was it from seafood ? Oysters ?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Food poisoning is the worst. You lie like this also cannot, you try to sleep also cannot. But somehow, the toilet floor becomes a great place to snooze.

    Get well soon Nic.

    ReplyDelete
  40. babe..hope you are feeling better right now. Miss ya!!***Hugz***

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete