Lyon Church Ground

While in Lyon, my host Wee Pin brought me to this gorgeous location - a church in Lyon on the hill.

It got to snowing heavily the night before and by morning, the whole of Lyon city was covered in thick white fluffy snow.

It was the perfect winter morning. And the grounds of the church were as pure as the sanctity of the place.

 IMG_1209


IMG_1210


IMG_1212


IMG_1213


Scenes like these make me wish I was born in a four season country, but then whenever I found myself surrounded by snow, I always swore I would never leave sunny warm Malaysia behind. The cold has a merciless way of reminding us how terrible it feels to be frozen.

Oh well, while it lasted, might as well.

IMG_1230


From here I could see the snow-covered city of Lyon below.

IMG_1214


IMG_1218


I don't think I ever have a perfectly good experience while travelling in France, but I will give the country two things; beautiful beautiful things and glorious pastries.

You can't leave the country without seeing something stupendously beautiful here; either the mountains, the cities, the architecture or the women; even the snow looked beautiful on the these old grounds in front of the church.

While I don't agree French food are generally fantastic (you do get a lot of rotten restaurants with food cooked by snobs that called themselves chefs who refused to recognise a constructive criticism on their food), but good heaven's god their pastries were, are, if not, the world's finest. In all my travels, I've never been to a country with tastier pastries than in France, be it Paris or Lyon. I definitely give them that.

If only I could say the same about the people there. Le sigh~

IMG_1222
I'm not referring to Wee Pin


IMG_1227


IMG_1228


IMG_1231


IMG_1244


IMG_1252


IMG_1266


IMG_1269


IMG_1271
story of Jesus


cathedral


IMG_1287
arena?


IMG_1294


IMG_1302


By the time we left the church and heading back to town below the hill, snow was growing thicker and thicker.

Till it was almost impossible to lift my camera up without getting it drowned in snow (yes, it's very possible, since snow melts when it touches a warm surface). So I ran into a not-so-impressive Cathedral in town to find shelter (ha ha), only to surface half an hour later to capture this beautiful sight of Lyon's Church on the hill.

IMG_1314

Share:

1 kissed Nicole

  1. That church is a basilica! The basilica of Fourvière...

    And the "arena" is the Roman theatres...

    Looking at these photos really makes me miss being in Lyon...

    ReplyDelete