Never heard of a Wasabi Shot?
Oh then you're in for an gastronomic adventure ride.
Learnt and drank in Daikanyama from those crazy bartenders with a creative chef that excelled in Japanese cuisine, Wasabi shot is a tequila shot drink which you take with... you guess it... wasabi.
Here are the steps.
1. First prepare the ingredients, you would need one shot of tequila, one shot of tomato juice and a teaspoon of wasabi. This is for one serving. No salt required.
2. Next, spread the wasabi over your hand, like how you would with salt when you take a tequila shot.
3. To start off. Lick off the wasabi from your hand into your mouth.
You heard me. Take it in raw.
Now don't do anything to it yet. Just let the wasabi rest on your tongue, do not squash it with your tongue (if you do, it's at your own risk from here buddy).
4. Very quickly, take the tequila shot BUT DO NOT DRINK it yet.
Instead, swirl it around inside your mouth with the wasabi to blend it together.
Relax, the wasabi won't hit you, yet.
5. Now, swallow. Tequila and the wasabi.
6. Follow up with the tomato juice.
Savour this for a while before you swallow as this would help kill off the "kick" from the wasabi almost instantaneously.
Swallow the tomato juice.
And you're done!
You have done the Wasabi Shot.
You shall now experience the heating sensation in your stomach the wasabi is stirring in there. Fun eh?
Remember to take some food, it'll ease the heat.